In my head is....

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: In my head is....
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Hannah on Tuesday, March 24, 1998 - 03:52 pm:
    She's a brick and I'm drowning slowly, off the coast of getting no where...

---Ben Folds Five, "Brick"

By Justin on Friday, May 22, 1998 - 10:33 pm:
    thank you. now you got that damn song in my head too.

By Pete on Thursday, June 4, 1998 - 10:12 pm:
    They say the next big thing is here,
    That the revolution's near,
    But to me it seems quite clear,
    That it's all just a little bit of history repeating....

Propellerheads - History Repeating (Featuring Miss Shirley Bassey)

I can't get this song out of my head....wouldn't want to either. I haven't heard a song this great in such a long time....

By D. on Tuesday, July 28, 1998 - 06:17 pm:
    the song the boy is mine is stuck in my head

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Wednesday, July 29, 1998 - 07:23 am:
    D... I cannot make out most of what's being sung in that song, but I LOVE the music.

By Tahleah on Thursday, July 30, 1998 - 05:30 am:
    Say you will, say you won't, say you'll do what I don't.......

By Tahleah on Thursday, July 30, 1998 - 05:33 am:
    Actually, now another song is stuck in my head:
    Baby when the lights go out
    Every single word could not express
    The love and tenderness
    I'll show you what it's all about
    Babe that's when you will succumb to me
    So baby come to me
    When the lights go out!!!

There you go! Hope it's in all your heads now....hehe

By PetRock on Sunday, August 2, 1998 - 08:54 pm:
    The Riverdance soundtrack....saw the show last night so I thought now would be a good time to remind myself of why I bought this CD.

Something about this music just does it for me. Lifts my spirits....and the dancing ain't bad either :-)

By Se on Saturday, September 5, 1998 - 05:33 pm:

pluto by bjork, all violent, agressive and impulsive

By Nic on Wednesday, December 23, 1998 - 03:05 am:

This song is dedicated to my girlfriend T.

No one else comes close to you,
    No one makes me feel the way you do.
    You're so special girl,
    To me,
    And you'll always be eternally.
    Everytime I hold you near,
    You always say the words I love to hear.
    Girl with just a touch,
    You can do so much,
    No one else comes close.

'No one else comes close' by Joe

By SheetsERR on Wednesday, December 23, 1998 - 10:20 am:

A few days ago, I heard "No One Like You" by German heavy metal group, The Scorpions. Unfortunately, the tune has seldom left my head since that day. Son of a whore.... set me free!

"There is no one like you. I can't wait for those nights with you. I imagine the things we'll do. I just wanna be loved by you."

That's some phenomenal songwriting!

By Rhiannon on Friday, June 9, 2000 - 05:45 pm:

Digging through my old cassette tapes, I found the first mix tape my best friend ever made me. This is what sealed our friendship.

The tape's called "The Fiberglass Will Break," which is a reference to the "fiberglass ones," the human equivalent of those two-dimensional houses used as props in old movies, i.e., everyone else in our class. She writes on the inside cover: "To my fellow rider of the apocalypse: it's the end of the world as we know it." We had big plans to incite a revolution in our school. This was in 9th grade (she made me the mix for my 15th birthday), before school had crushed the life out of us and reduced us to crumbling, apathetic husks.

Side A: People By Day

Vampire -- Sebadoh
    To the Kill -- Violent Femmes
    Schizophrenia -- Sonic Youth
    Stuart -- Dead Milkmen
    Rotary Eleven -- R.E.M.
    Strength to Endure -- Ramones
    Rosalyn -- David Bowie
    Look at All Those Idiots -- Mr. Burns from the Simpsons
    Reverence -- Jesus and Mary Chain
    Caterpillar -- Cure
    Is It Like Today -- World Party
    Metal Mickey -- Suede

Side B: Faeries By Night

Oliver's Army -- Elvis Costello
    Castle Made of Sand -- Jimi Hendrix Experience
    I Don't Know -- Teenage Fanclub
    Drunken Butterfly -- Sonic Youth
    Lay Lady Lay -- Bob Dylan
    Streetfighting Man -- Stones
    Hag -- Breeders
    Caribu -- Pixies
    Blue in Green -- Miles Davis
    Everybody's Been Burned -- Sebadoh
    Cannibal Song -- Ministry

Ah, nostalgia.

By Nate on Friday, June 9, 2000 - 07:55 pm:

"The tape's called "The Fiberglass Will Break," which is a reference to the "fiberglass ones," the human equivalent of those two-dimensional houses used as props in old movies, i.e., everyone else in our class. She writes on the inside cover: "To my fellow rider of the apocalypse: it's the end of the world as we know it." "

you'd probably be arrested for having this in a highschool these days.

obviously, you were crazy and a risk to your fellow students.

a shooter as we like to call them.

a freak.

By Rhiannon on Friday, June 9, 2000 - 08:58 pm:

Nah, we were big dorks.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact