Can men be friends? I guess so

sorabji.com: Can men and women just be friends?: Can men be friends? I guess so
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Gene Yjuss on Thursday, April 2, 1998 - 12:51 am:
    But what is a friend?

By Fuck no on Monday, July 26, 2004 - 01:20 am:

fuck no. they cannot be friends becuz if the guy is friends with a girl in the first place the girl must be a little cute,if they become friends theres no way there are not going to fuck!! unless hes gay!

By Dodi on Monday, July 26, 2004 - 02:59 am:

Excuse me....but all my friends are men and we don't fuck!!!

By Antigone on Monday, July 26, 2004 - 04:44 am:

fag hag.

By V.v. on Monday, July 26, 2004 - 07:33 pm:

Dodi,I like your high moral standards a lot,it says a lot for you,beware of trolls,you spoke to one on your last posting.

By heatehr on Monday, July 26, 2004 - 07:49 pm:

all my friends are men and we do fuck.

wait, i mean, all my friends are mean...

oh. nevermind.

By Dodi on Monday, July 26, 2004 - 08:04 pm:

Figures.....

Thanks V.v.!!

By V.v. on Monday, July 26, 2004 - 08:12 pm:

Allways more than welcome. :)

By Dodi on Monday, July 26, 2004 - 10:19 pm:

:)

By heather on Monday, July 26, 2004 - 10:29 pm:

what figures?

and what do you mean beware of trolls, vv?

By Dodi on Monday, July 26, 2004 - 11:03 pm:

I wasn't talking to you Heather. The comment was to V.v...:)

By moonit on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 03:54 am:

Bloody hell.

By V.v. on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 12:38 pm:

moonit,heather,I am no longer a Troll,all new people are Trolls,after one year I am not,I have plenty to offer in the way of intellectuality.,you want to dispute?

By V.v. on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 01:00 pm:

Sorabjis,just for the one time,cant you give Dodi an easy ride?she is young,good looking,smart,why so much hate?I regard her as one of your best assets for a long time......sometimes I regard you as too American,and not enough Greek.

By V.v. on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 01:10 pm:

TROLLS,tap in to your computer,and you will understand all things,sometimes I think Sorabjis dont know all they think.

By Dodi on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 02:20 pm:

V.v...it's okay. Like I said earlier..."I'm not here to win a popularity contest>" I like who I am, and there's NO ONE in this world, who could ever change that. If people don't like me, so be it, big deal....NEXT!!!

By Antigone on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 02:29 pm:

"she is young,good looking,smart"

Here, she is just words, as are you, as am I. All else is phantasm.

Hell, even the words are.

Even after a year.

It's the nature of all communication, but here it is enhanced and distilled.

By V.v. on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 05:27 pm:

Rubbish. Dodi is wonderfull,give respect where its due.

By V.v. on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 05:47 pm:

Anti,you can be amazingly smart when you want,make your own mind up.

By Antigone on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 06:21 pm:

Prove to me that Dodi is who she says she is.

For that matter, prove that you are.

By Antigone on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 06:25 pm:

And it's not a matter of respect, V.v. Don't be silly.

By v.v. on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 06:47 pm:

Here we float in cyber space,I Have 57 channels on my t.v.,Sorabji is channel 58,I exist,I am real,I understand myself inside out,now YOU prove to ME that YOU exist.

By Antigone on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 06:59 pm:

e-mail me.

By Antigone on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 06:59 pm:

here

By heather on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 07:00 pm:

i've met antigone

so if i exist, maybe he does too

By wisper on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 07:12 pm:

I find it strange that V.v has mentioned how many stations he gets on his tv....twice this week.

You're talking to north americans here, buddy.

By V.v. on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 07:27 pm:

Shit,do I have to come to America to sort this out?its not as if I own a house in Florida,if I buy a place for 400,000$,ten years from now its worth the same,whats the point? in Europe I make 15 to 20% per year on each building,and why do we question each others existance?is it a quiet night or something?

By V.v. on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 07:30 pm:

wisper,thanks for the reminder,I need to upgrade to 250 stations.

By Antigone on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 07:33 pm:

I can't question your existence, because something is posting as V.v. By the nature of your posts I can safely assume, in this point in the technological development of the human race, that you're a sentient human. Additionaly you have an internet connection, a working knowledge of the English language, and are familiar with western culture. Apart from that all bets are off.

Now e-mail me, you git.

By V.v. on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 07:39 pm:

NO,you can keep your virus to your self.

By Antigone on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 07:46 pm:

Well, that's enough proof to me that you're a poser, then. Neither I nor anyone else here has any reason to believe anything you say. (Not that many others have cared...)

And you can't get a virus by SENDING an e-mail to someone. Idiot.

By V.v. on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 07:53 pm:

unless you send an attachment,Idiot.

By V.v. on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 08:00 pm:

...I may consider phoning you,if I do,I will insult you a lot.

By Antigone on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 08:02 pm:

I was going to reply with my cell number, but I won't post it on the web. I'd be happy to hear you insult me, but you're going to have to send me an e-mail first. You can also send me a message on Yahoo Messenger, handle "greg_barton"

By J on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 08:03 pm:

I've spoke to Antigone on the phone,he was very nice,wish I would have spoke longer,but I think I was in shock.

By Antigone on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 08:05 pm:

And if you're worried about virii, create a new account on hotmail, yahoo, or any other free e-mail provider.

By Antigone on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 08:05 pm:

Shock? Why so, darlin'?

By V.v. on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 08:19 pm:

Lovers?

By Antigone on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 08:21 pm:

Only if my girlfriend approved...which she doesn't. :P

By Dodi on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 09:52 pm:

Why do I have to prove that I exist? I think this is all really stupid. I'm here because I want to be, and I don't think any of us have to prove anything....come on now!!!

By Antigone on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 01:43 am:

Oh, come on, ya'll. I never said that you don't exist. Just that you can't prove who you are just by posting here.

Simple.

Try absorbing that.

By Dodi on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 02:00 am:

I know what you're saying Antigone, but you wanted V.v. to e-mail you. Does this prove that he exists? I'm sorry, but I didn't understand why you wanted him to do that, that's all....

Have a good night. :)

By Antigone on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 04:01 am:

Some entity, or possibly entities, has proven it's existence just by posting. (That's the last time I'll repeat that. If you don't get that by now, you never will.) Like I said before, I can safely assume that the entity is human.

e-mailing me would create a private form of communication, showing another level of trust, and a willingness to communicate in another form.

Through e-mail I could give V.v. my phone number, if he wanted to chat in person.

See, many of us on this board have talked to each other on the phone, even met in person. That's why we trust each other, and tend to believe what is posted. We don't really afford that trust to those we haven't contacted in other ways. It's just that simple.

Those that we haven't met have contributed in other positive ways.

V.v. hasn't done any of this. In fact, he's actively alienated himself from most of the participants here, mainly by "creeping out" many of the female posters.

Communities are based on communication, trust, and positive contribution.

Anyway, this lecture is probably irrelevant. I'm not sure that either V.v. or Dodi are being honest about their identites here. Not that anyone else cares. :P I'm just bored enough to type about it, I guess.

Klutznick?

By agatha on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 05:29 am:

I care.

By semillama on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 10:27 am:

Like the t-shirt on the 6' 4" guy sitting at the bar says:

"I'm the 14-year-old girl you talked to in the chat room last night"

I think that sums up Antigone's point.

By Dodi on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 12:33 pm:

Would you like to chat with me Antigone?
    I'm being very honest and real when I post, and that's why I wanted to send a picture, so you all could see who I am. I know people can post false things, but seriously, I have nothing to hide, so if you want to chat, let me know.

By moonit on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 04:02 pm:

"Those that we haven't met have contributed in other positive ways."

heh by sending candy.

By Antigone on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 04:03 pm:

I had you in mind when I typed that, moonit. :)

By V.v. on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 05:56 pm:

Dodi,when it comes to negativity,Sorabji surpasses everything.To be happy, healthy or well-adjusted is anti-social...as for the demise of of The Watcher,its not even spoken of,and no will ever take responsibility for that.

By Dougie on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 07:09 pm:

What happened to The Watcher? Come to think of it, where's Eri and the Spunktard too?

By Anitgone on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 07:27 pm:

Spunk said many times that he was not posting anymore because he was tired of political arguments. Dunno why eri stopped, but she was getting really busy with her job and family, as was spunk.

And, Dodi, you've got my e-mail. Drop me a line.

By Dodi on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 08:09 pm:

Antigone, I got to thinking...I think I like it this way..alittle mysterious.."not honest" as you would say, or did say.

?

By Antigone on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 08:22 pm:

Of course you do.

By V.v. on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 09:01 pm:

...and whats your double entendre?

By V.v. on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 09:09 pm:

Antigone,are you psychopathic?

By Antigone on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 09:34 pm:

Why do you ask?

By Antigone on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 09:37 pm:

Main Entry: psychopathic personality
    Function: noun
    1 : an emotionally and behaviorally disordered state characterized by clear perception of reality except for the individual's social and moral obligations and often by the pursuit of immediate personal gratification in criminal acts, drug addiction, or sexual perversion

Do you have reason to believe that I take immediate personal gratification in criminal acts, drug addiction, or sexual perversion?

By V.v. on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 12:24 pm:

YES,in all ways...and for the first time you got your dictionary & thesaurus out.antigone I dont speak English,but I make myself understood by most,in order to post,I have to study books,you dont,but as Americans say,you still sound like nuts.

By Spider on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 12:36 pm:

What the hell are you talking about?

It sounds like V.V. is suffering from psychosis:

Main Entry: psy·cho·sis
    Pronunciation: sI-'kO-s&s
    Function: noun
    : fundamental mental derangement (as schizophrenia) characterized by defective or lost contact with reality

By V.v. on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 01:08 pm:

Not really,most of the time you just misinterpret.

By Antigone on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 02:39 pm:

So, which do I partake in, V.v.: criminal acts, drug addiction, or sexual perversion?

By V.v. on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 03:12 pm:

The way you post,all three.

By Antigone on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 03:19 pm:

Nicely predictable response.

Can you describe one of those acts for me?

By heather on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 03:26 pm:

hey! i've participated in drug addiction [well, i wouldn't really call it addiction] and sexual perversion and probably in that way a criminal act!

whoohoo! a psychopath is me!

By patrick on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 03:34 pm:

awesome!

By V.v. on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 07:02 pm:

As allways,I am in the land of idiots,not so much different from my office staff.

By heather on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 07:29 pm:

the land is big. an idiot i am not.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact