Yes....

sorabji.com: Can men and women just be friends?: Yes....
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By on Monday, September 7, 2009 - 12:44 pm:

I think I like Heather......:-)

By droopy on Monday, September 7, 2009 - 01:58 pm:

you mean you like like heather? like you wanna ask her out or somethin'?

i want to hear all about it.

By semillama on Monday, September 7, 2009 - 06:06 pm:

But you are a faceless internet entity - how are you going to manage all this?

By on Monday, September 7, 2009 - 10:57 pm:

semillama, good question.

By on Monday, September 7, 2009 - 11:00 pm:

droopy, it is something about her. she reminded me of someone who cares alot of ppl like me and others.

By droopy on Tuesday, September 8, 2009 - 01:21 am:

you're right. it's something subtle. very perceptive of you to notice.

By agatha on Tuesday, September 8, 2009 - 11:35 am:

I like Heather too.

By Danielssss on Tuesday, September 8, 2009 - 11:41 am:

I like Heather too. And Droop, Agatha, Spider, Semillama, Kazu, Nate, Sarah, J, Patrick, Antigone, Mark, blindswine, even the Dr. And everybody I left out. Oh, and I want world peace too.

By on Tuesday, September 8, 2009 - 11:45 am:

ohh Danielsss,I like you too, but the world peace is difficult.

By sarah on Tuesday, September 8, 2009 - 12:12 pm:

i like like heather.

By Danielssss on Tuesday, September 8, 2009 - 08:02 pm:

I did not post that second message, for, if world peace be difficult, I want to be a runner up.

By on Wednesday, September 9, 2009 - 03:14 am:

sorry if i posted your message and sorry for any inconvience that i have caused to you!

By on Wednesday, September 9, 2009 - 03:19 am:

i am lonely, but don't wanna to be the roneriest man like kim jong-il. dat's why i needs a woman for a companionship :-)

By Danielssss on Wednesday, September 9, 2009 - 07:00 pm:

again I didn't post the last two messages. Shows up on index as me but it isn't simply a use of the indeitifer I suppose.

By heather on Wednesday, September 9, 2009 - 08:43 pm:

aw.

i like you guys and i do appreciate the interesting(nouns).

why have you stopped signing some posts?

i just noticed that sarah like, likes me.
    will you go out with me? please check:
    yes[ ] no[ ] my mom won't let me[ ]

there is no world peace, only inner peace.

By on Thursday, September 10, 2009 - 02:36 am:

I don't know, but just to be caution about your mother, but I will say yes. :-)

By 12345 on Thursday, September 10, 2009 - 04:58 pm:

indeitifier? Nope does not work that way, yields an authentication error and says you must enter your username. so I'm curiouser and curiouser about who is doing what and saying what and posting what. Really Heather? really Danielssss? Has the grammar of the Dr. Is it the man behind the curtain?

By heather on Thursday, September 10, 2009 - 08:26 pm:

things with my name are me, the rest is fairly confusing though the non-sign smell like the pepper who has gone invisible

By Danielssss on Thursday, September 10, 2009 - 10:14 pm:

things with my name are not always me...the first post with my name is, but the blanks following are not, yet the index of New Msgs shows the same name as the last post. So 12345 is correct. and Yes it is confusing. How can pepper or anyone go invisible? Dunno how to do that. At least on Sorabji

By wisper on Thursday, September 10, 2009 - 10:24 pm:

yeah i like you too, Dan!!! :P

i also like heather.

By Danielssss on Thursday, September 10, 2009 - 11:59 pm:

Yes i did not mean to leave you off my list. In fact, I was just reading one of your latest epistles. I am always so enlightened by your thoughts, really. What you said, of course, I had no idea that you'd be saying those things. that's putting yourself out there. I admire that. I will be in Leavenworth WA, Seattle, San Fran then Phoenix and Tucson from 17 to 26th. I'll wave as I fly over.

By Dr Pepper on Friday, September 11, 2009 - 01:38 am:

Ok, you guys Ha Ha Ha, I admit it!

By on Friday, September 11, 2009 - 01:48 am:

Also, that person who typed "12345" was done by Danielssss

By J on Friday, September 11, 2009 - 12:35 pm:

This is getting me all discombobulated.

By 1D2a3n4i5elssss on Friday, September 11, 2009 - 02:35 pm:

Ah both aol and google are large ip addresses, aren't they. So IT could be, or not. But it was as long as we are admitting things.

second time I heard discombobulated in as many days. Must be the water. Or the Dr. pepper.

By wisper on Friday, September 11, 2009 - 04:27 pm:

i have no idea what you're talking about Dan, but i like it and i like you too :)

By Danielssss on Friday, September 11, 2009 - 04:43 pm:

so what does the s.e. stand for if I could ask? it was the Sept 8 rant I referenced.

By Danielssss on Friday, September 11, 2009 - 06:03 pm:

ah shit wisper, I was reading Platy's Sept 8 rant, not yours. sorry. but I still do like your posts anyway. But it was platy's website (and s.e. goes with her...) After you questioned what was it anyway to which I was referring, I got to thinking, I think I have made a mistake. Yup. My first mistake of Spetmner. Well, shit, there's my sekond. Opps, a third! That's what happens when I try to keep several thoughts going at once: I am at work today in between posts.

Sorry for the cornfusion. I'm not sure that if I waved at you while flying over the west coast that you would at all be able to make out the guy in the window.

By Dr Pepper on Saturday, September 12, 2009 - 01:21 am:

Danielssss, the above you posted, you must of invented a new words: "cornfusion", care to elaborate the new words with us?

By wisper on Saturday, September 12, 2009 - 02:25 am:

lol

<3

By Danielssss on Monday, September 14, 2009 - 03:50 pm:

cornfusion is the popping sound that tenderly ripe plump moist kernals make when they, after being appropriately boiled, salted and buttered, meet with front teeth as is frisking the little nubbins off the cob, corn fusion. Or when I was a growing up, a simple statement of being unlikely misunderstood. It is never a misspellingk. I looked under "I've been several people on these boards" to make sure I wasn't cornfused myself.

By Dr Pepper on Tuesday, September 15, 2009 - 02:24 am:

LOL!

By Danielssss on Tuesday, September 15, 2009 - 02:18 pm:

I think we need new pictures on the gallery of doom. Yes?

By heather on Tuesday, September 15, 2009 - 04:41 pm:

yes

and a wider contribution

By Danielssss on Wednesday, September 16, 2009 - 12:01 am:

I would need a wider lens through which my corpusculence may be viewed, and therefore a larger format to my pixelated visage.

you know Ozymandias, Shelley I think?

By heather on Wednesday, September 16, 2009 - 03:21 am:

:P

By Danielssss on Wednesday, September 16, 2009 - 12:11 pm:

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
    Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
    The lone and level sands stretch far away."

Yeah. So I don't have access / login to the gallery, otherwise I would start the process.

Even my flicker account is dated for sure. I should probably post the wedding pictures, but I have more pictures of flowers than of humans.

Leaving for the west coast tomorrow morning, will end up in Berkeley by Sat. Going here tomorrow: Leavenworth WA

By patrick on Thursday, September 17, 2009 - 12:06 pm:

its a bitch keeping up with all of it....flickr, my blog, email. this is
    why if i open a facebook account, i shut down. cant do it. to much.

By Danielssss on Monday, September 21, 2009 - 02:28 pm:

In Berkekey and ate in the mission area last night. Interesting place, strong coffee atPhil's. Today heading to Point Reyes. Tomorrow off for Scottsdale. Marathon trip.

great food though. My son and his GF are excellent cooks and foodies of excellence.

By ... on Monday, September 21, 2009 - 11:30 pm:

my ex just wandered into my life. I still feel infatuated. I bought her a drink. she did most of the talking, as always. glad I have a good and sweetheart girlfriend now who is not a coke-addled alcoholic. I am sitting at the bar caricaturizing everyone who walks in and walks out.

By J on Wednesday, September 30, 2009 - 03:34 pm:

A good and sweetheart girlfriend is a good thing.

By wisper on Thursday, October 1, 2009 - 12:36 am:

oh my god Mark has a girlfriend. Look at him, he's glowing.
    That is so cute i can hardly stand it. Really it makes my day :3

:3 :3 :3

By Danielssss on Thursday, October 1, 2009 - 02:58 pm:

I always wondered if :3 was a symbol for something... is it eyes and boobs? eyes and really fat lips? eyes and ? dimples and a buttocks? So Wisper, what is it triplets of?

By Dr Pepper on Thursday, October 1, 2009 - 03:13 pm:

I think it is a eyes and a fat chin such like the cartoon character , Peter Griffin. LOL.

By heather on Thursday, October 1, 2009 - 03:56 pm:

for me it is kitten face
    or bunny

By Danielssss on Thursday, October 1, 2009 - 06:23 pm:

kitten face or bunny. I see now.

By Dr Pepper on Friday, October 2, 2009 - 02:30 am:

at least a cute puppy......

By semillama on Friday, October 2, 2009 - 01:36 pm:

It's a female walrus.

Wisper - how are things? What's new??

By wisper on Friday, October 2, 2009 - 02:28 pm:

Yes, :3 is like a kitty face, it's the smiley for cuteness.

Things are weird sem.

By Dr Pepper on Saturday, October 3, 2009 - 01:56 am:

female walrus.. yeah that is what it looks like, since it has no whisker......

By agatha on Saturday, October 3, 2009 - 12:26 pm:

Weird how?

By Danielssss on Saturday, October 3, 2009 - 01:08 pm:

what's the smiley for weird? Heather? Heather??

By Dr Pepper on Saturday, October 3, 2009 - 01:51 pm:

:-? could that be it?

By wisper on Saturday, October 3, 2009 - 04:15 pm:

i think :S could work for weird.

By Danielssss on Saturday, October 3, 2009 - 09:31 pm:

:kspQ
    ]:WM)(><)(MW:[
    or
    wtfwtfwtfwtfwtfffwwwwwwwww

I did not mean to imply that Heather was weird, just that she likely might know the symbol btw.

going to bed now.

By Dr Pepper on Saturday, October 3, 2009 - 10:47 pm:

l.m.a.o. @ Danielssss

By heather on Monday, October 5, 2009 - 10:28 pm:

dear daniel, no need to imply what is already considered a fact.

my smiley for weird is :E

By Dr Pepper on Tuesday, October 6, 2009 - 02:31 am:

funny heather....

By Danielssss on Tuesday, October 6, 2009 - 11:34 am:

You (Heather) are perfectly sane in my book.

By heather on Wednesday, October 7, 2009 - 04:55 am:

weird to insane is quite a jump, but i appreciate the vote of confidence.

By Danielssss on Wednesday, October 7, 2009 - 03:43 pm:

I am weird because....

I just got some evaluations back from a day long training I did and I apparently rattled some of the attendees. I hate it when my workshop participants pan me on an evaluation. When 80 or 90 percent are fine and embracing of what i teach, but just a few don't, well it is the few objections that stick in my mind.

It's weird because I let the dissenters rule the day when by and large most of the participants liked me and what I said. It makes me insane.

weird and insane are not synonymous. Tell us why you think you are weird.

By Dr Pepper on Thursday, October 8, 2009 - 02:26 am:

i am not weird, but you are! :-), i love you guys!

By sarah on Thursday, October 8, 2009 - 02:04 pm:

i'm not sure there is such a thing as weird anymore.

By Danielssss on Thursday, October 8, 2009 - 03:30 pm:

you think that WE have gone mainstream?

By sarah on Friday, October 9, 2009 - 01:55 pm:

i enjoy maintaining the fantasy that sorabjidom is so far removed from the mainstream that it's like neverneverland, a little fantasy world that nobody outside can ever see or touch.

By Danielssss on Friday, October 9, 2009 - 03:51 pm:

it IS like nothing else. I've done a lot of therapy and I've attended a lot of meetings and I've done alot of soul searching,,,but a life here at sorabjidom is sweet and enriching beyond the normal crispy creme existence.

Home, in the rain, after four 14 hour plus days, a three day respite, and a post or two.

By Danielssss on Friday, October 9, 2009 - 03:56 pm:

there is a very vociferous crow outside in the rain. I suspect he she it is complaining, but I don't know crow very well.

By Spider on Friday, October 9, 2009 - 04:32 pm:

Crows are my favorite birds.

There's a mockingbird in my backyard that sings a crow song. I don't know who he thinks he's fooling, because a crow would be ashamed to sound that high-pitched and squeaky, but he keeps on singing.

By Antigone on Saturday, October 10, 2009 - 12:13 am:

Daniel, home is where your poop is.

And that's why I'm wierd.

By heather on Saturday, October 10, 2009 - 06:33 am:

too much shitmydadsays twitter for tiggy.

crows are amazing, i want one as a friend. also bees and a great dane. and a giant library.

i don't think i am weird, know that. i am told that i am weird - quite a bit. frankly i think it has to do with the way i act/be being different from what people assume from looking at the bookcover. hell if i really know, though. one ex said it was because after all that time he could still never predict what i would do.

come hang out and then you tell me.

By Dr Pepper on Saturday, October 10, 2009 - 01:04 pm:

everyone are entitled to their opinion on what they think for themselves.

By J on Saturday, October 10, 2009 - 01:47 pm:

I poop with joy!!!

By Dr Pepper on Saturday, October 10, 2009 - 02:48 pm:

excellent!

By sarah on Sunday, October 11, 2009 - 03:10 pm:

we have grackles and they are very irritating. we also have huge, awesome turkey vultures that eat up the dead squirrels in our neighborhood. and herons and cardinals and finches.

the turducken knows "football" now, but when she says it it sounds more like "shitball".

she also knows other unusual words for a not-quite-two-year-old, such as: "basketball", "nipple", "ewwww", "nasty" (usually in relation to dog poop -- honestly i don't know where she got that), and "zero".

By Danielssss on Sunday, October 11, 2009 - 03:27 pm:

my favorite corvid:

http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Krahe-Posters_i381518_.htm

I wish I cd say that as a child I had a pet crow, but I didn't. I did play among them, and they were rather fearless and unafraid of me on the farm. However, as an adult, I can honestly say that they avoid me: they are around constantly, but never let me come near.

It's like a repayment for shooting my bb gun at them when I was a kid. I never hit one, btw, ever. I think it was the intent of malevolent human child thinking.

I didn't and don't hunt at all.

By patrick on Monday, October 12, 2009 - 11:14 am:

By Spider on Monday, October 12, 2009 - 03:10 pm:

That's a great story...I didn't know crows were so smart. I knew they use tools, but I'm impressed that they can recognize facial differences in animals not of their species (or phylum, or whatever).

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact