The Anti-Woman Left

sorabji.com: Are you stupid?: The Anti-Woman Left
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By spunky on Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 12:13 pm:

I remember when feminists were rightfully outraged at the treatment of women around the world. The plight of the Afghani women, brutalized during the criminal Taliban regime, was a major focus (and still is) of the feminist establishment. The barbaric treatment of women and children was decried, fundraisers were held, our government was urged to act against the oppressors.

Funny what happens to principles when shallow hypocrites are running the show. The feminist and liberal establishment’s abandonment of Iraqi women and children, in the name of partisan politics, is nothing short of obscene. After all, the “anti-war” demonstrations are actually “anti-Bush” rallies. On March 7, International Women’s Day, several women, including the Very-Self-Important-Black-Woman-Author Alice Walker and Not-Very-Important-At-All–Attempted-Actress-and-Malcontent Janeane Garafalo, demonstrated at the White House to, in the words of one organizer, “stop this immoral and unnecessary war from happening…” How disgusting that a day meant to show support for women around the world showcased how selfish and cruel American feminists have become.

Of course, NOW was there in all its irrelevance. While acknowledging that Saddam Insane is a “maniacal tyrant, cruel and vicious,” they bravely called for the U.S. to do nothing, allowing that brutal and vicious man to torture and gas more his own citizens, including women and children, to death. Is this suddenly okay because the women being tortured aren’t wearing burqas?

The feminist establishment’s political game with women’s lives is particularly disgraceful as they, of all interest groups, have a special duty to support ridding the world of Saddam. Consider a 25-year-old Iraqi woman known as "Um Haydar" who, as Amnesty International reports, was beheaded in front of her children and in the street without charge or trial at the end of December 2000 after her husband was suspected of illegal political activity. Security men took her body and the head away in a plastic bag. The fate of her children and mother-in-law, all of whom were also taken, remains unknown.

It’s funny how the fate of women and children—so righteously declared as the special and unique charge of the American leftist feminist movement—means nothing when the president is a Republican. Yes, Um Haydar, you only count to the American Feminist Elite when it suits their politics and makes one of their boys look good. I am reminded every day during this crisis why I resigned my leadership position in NOW back in 1996. I finally saw the feminist establishment for the political sham it was. Obviously, nothing much has changed.

For Ms. Walker, Ms. Garafalo, NOW, and every other unconscious and misguided feminist who thinks that removing Saddam is ‘immoral,’ remember Um Haydar is just one of thousands of women who have been raped, tortured and murdered in front of their families. Think of Um’s children, her daughters, whom you have abandoned. Then go to sleep at night and pray to God that the dead can’t really invade your dreams because there are thousands of dead Iraqi women who know how you betray them, in the name of politics, in the name of hating George W. Bush, in the name of your own cynical political hypocrisy.

Today’s “liberals,” including their pathetic representatives in Hollywood, don’t really care about people or principles—all their braying has nothing to do with stopping war, or caring about “innocents.” No, it’s about sacrificing innocent women on the Altar of Politics. It’s about slogans and partisanship and political power. Forget about the real struggle, the real women dying, the real rape of children, the real beheadings. The pond scum of Hollywood to leftist special interest groups to communist traitors who give aid and comfort to our enemy with anti-USA and anti-George W. Bush marches prefer to let Saddam Insane’s innocent victims struggle and die so they can make political points here at home. Because they want Republicans to look bad.

Just a few weeks ago Susan Sarandon, one of our more empty vessels, exposed her self-obsessed narcissistic agenda by complaining that we shouldn’t go after Saddam Insane by saying “what has he ever done to us?” Thank God Sarandon and her ilk had nothing to do with foreign policy in the first half of the last century. After all, none of those millions of Jews and gays and gypsies Hitler was murdering were “us” either.

As a classical liberal I know that true liberalism is indeed about helping people less fortunate than ourselves. It’s about ridding the world of tyrants so people can live in freedom. It’s about expanding democracy so people can control their own lives. It’s about risking our lives so people other than “us,” like Iraqis, Kurds and Afghanis, can not only live through the day, but have hope at the end of it.

In Iraq, women and children are slaughtered to punish Saddam’s enemies. New gas techniques are tried out on prisoners and animals. Homosexuals are murdered by the state simply for being gay. This is a war the feminist and gay elite, human rights advocates and even the animal rights movement should be out in front fanatically supporting. Instead, they remain silent or actively oppose ridding the world of a man who has killed more women, children, and gays than the Taliban ever could have dreamed.

While I am proud of you readers who identify as conservative, based on the e-mail I get I know plenty of liberals read this column as well. Take note of this if you are liberal and have fallen into a zombie-fied lockstep with your favorite movie star or activist group against the liberation of Iraq: The exact same arguments, the exact same demonstrations, the exact same appeasement won out in the 1930’s when fascism was rising in Europe and Asia. Containment, agreements, and promises made by tyrants manifested into genocide.

There was an excuse for appeasers in the 1930’s--they did not know what hell awaited them, or the rest of the civilized world. We do. So continue to wring your hands, pound your desk, and hate the president while you chant “not in my name.” Then go get your double-mocha non-fat latte, send money to NOW or Amnesty International to make yourself feel good, and continue your charade as a “feminist” or “liberal.” In the process, you guarantee your cowardice and betrayal of the suffering will be in your name, while the decent and brave risk and give their lives for women like Um Haydar, her children, and thousands more like them, wherever they may be.

Source

Yes, it is a Jewish Website, but I thought this article was very interesting.

By patrick on Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 03:51 pm:

fuck off already would ya?

this is getting old.

you make no case nor any sense.

By spunk on Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 06:58 pm:

Saddams' fate is sealed.
    Now will the UN's?

Then there will never be a case for war, and dictators should all be allowed to continue, and I never want to hear you bitch about death penalties again. Because you want death penalties for all iraqi's.

By spunky on Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 07:01 pm:

Sit and think.
    It is OK to leave saddam in power over millions because there are lots more like him.
    It is not OK to put a man who has killed others with intent to do so to death.
    It is ok to kill babies because the mother simply does not want them.
    But it is not ok to kill saddam who has litteraly killed millions OVER OIL!

Who really does not make sense.

By eri on Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 07:28 pm:

Remember that he doesn't believe that a fetus is a baby. He doesn't believe that life begins until birth, so therefore, doesn't believe that abortion is murder. That argument isn't going to work with Patrick.

By Antigone on Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 09:39 pm:

When did spunky's arguments work in the first place?

I mean, not that patrick's do, either.

By wisper on Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 09:43 pm:

oh my god!
    i'm so turned around by trace's careful cutting and pasting! He's finally won me over! I'm so totally changed by what i've read here. This simple text on this one thread on this tiny message board has changed my life forever!
    I'm for the war now. I really am. Bomb the fucker right to to hell. That's it. I'm pulling a hard right turn as of this moment.
    Holy crap, you changed my mind. I get it all now, it's so clear. All your arguing and CAPS and repitition has done something, at last. This isn't all in vain. It's not just meaningless drivel for both sides. First me, next... the world!!
    And to think i was getting tired of it.

thank you so much. it was all worth it for THIS MOMENT. I was so wrong, about the war, about abortion, about everything. Oh thank you, THANK YOU! *weeping*

By spunky on Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 10:07 pm:

*sigh*
    I dont expect it to change anyone's minds, i am not sure why i keep it up.

By moonit on Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 10:13 pm:

Neither are we.

I would imagine that most feminists don't see war a way of stopping the treatment of other women.

In fact, war would just make things worse for those already mistreated wouldn't you say?

By spunky on Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 11:11 pm:

Yes.
    The africans whom were treated as slaves are far worse off now.
    And Americans are far worse off then we were before the revolution.
    I am sure the Jews are going to agree that things are far worse then they were before we defeated Hitler.
    Aks the Afgan women would prefer the Taliban be restored to power.
    Thank you for bringing things into sharp focus.

By trace on Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 11:12 pm:

Ask the Afgan Women if they would prefer the Taliban be restored to power...
    Better

By Malcontent Spider on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 08:25 am:

How does bombing Iraq help the Afghani women? I'm so confused!

"Not-Very-Important-At-All–Attempted-Actress-and-Malcontent Janeane Garafalo"

Priceless!

By Rowlf on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 08:29 am:

"Yes.
    The africans whom were treated as slaves are far worse off now.
    And Americans are far worse off then we were before the revolution.
    I am sure the Jews are going to agree that things are far worse then they were before we defeated Hitler.
    Aks the Afgan women would prefer the Taliban be restored to power.
    Thank you for bringing things into sharp focus."

again trace you go for that bottom line. its all about the bottom line. you don't care how its done and what the consequences are so long as you get that bottom line. While they might become "free" (from Saddam, and not from whatever puppet they put in next) Fallout from a war in Iraq will undoubtedly make things worse for everyone...

you could free Tibet by taking on China, but I don't think you want to do that, do you? Its called thinking ahead, something Bush's administration has proved it cannot do... THIS is why you are seeing these types of protests now before a war even starts. you act like anti-Americanism spread like a plague over the course of 3 months, like Saddam put something in the water.

What you're doing now trace, is grasping at straws, trying to prove to yourself and only yourself that you believe in this bullshit... its as if you know you're wrong now and this is the crazy angst before you let it out, kind of like in TV movies before the 35 year old gay lawyer comes out of the closet...

By semillama on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 09:28 am:

Nothing has changed in Afghanistan for women, trace. Women used to have to wear burkas because it was the law; now they were them to avoid being raped.

I noticed that you didn't feel like asking the Native Americans if they were better off...Interesting how you are very quick to accuse the liberals of being selective in their protests...

As far as I know, and I probably know a lot more feminists than you, trace, feminists have never stopped protesting and working for women's equality worldwide. That's been pretty inconvenient for conservatives everywhere, who prefer it that when women want to know what time it is, they look at the clock on the stove.

By J on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 10:39 am:

If we women all over the world could all get together and not put out till there was world peace it would happen right quickly.NO PIECE TILL PEACE!!!

By kazoo on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 10:49 am:

J, I love you.

By Antigone on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 10:59 am:

"*sigh*
    I dont expect it to change anyone's minds, i am not sure why i keep it up."

Because there are so many straw men still left to fight.

By semillama on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 11:11 am:

Now, if we could only get Laura Bush on board the "No Piece til Peace" movement....
    Of course, if it were CLinton, that wouldn't work.

Unless we had Laura Bush on board....(evil grin)

By patrick on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 11:51 am:

"dictators should all be allowed to continue"

imperialist fuckshit.

you wanna go on a dictator cleansing tour trace? why stop at iraq.

next on the list...Iran, then N.Korea, then China, then Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and so on.

Fuck off with your immoral war talk.

You're completely illogical and you're philosophically inept and confused trace.

By Czarina on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 12:05 pm:

The weapons inspectors are getting out of Dodge.

By agatha on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 12:08 pm:

SAVE THE WOMEN- MORE WAR NOW!

SAVE THE FREEDOM GRAVY- WAR NOW!

By patrick on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 12:20 pm:

oh and eri, trace...

"Remember that he doesn't believe that a fetus is a baby."

?

a zygoat is a zygoat.

an embryo is an embryo

a fetus is a fetus

an infant is an infant.

a woman is a woman

ok?

its not that i dont believe a 'fetus is not a baby'?

not that this has any bearing on anything related to war../

By Czarina on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 12:34 pm:

I'm kinda confused. Hussein says he has no weapons of mass destruction. The weapons inspectors can't find any.

But, he says if we attack, he'll unleash chemical and biological weapons on the world.

Where's he gettin' them, if he doesn't have any? A quick trip to wal-mart?

He needs to be making up his mind. He can't have it both ways.

By Antigone on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 12:53 pm:

He never said that. Please cite your source.

If you mean this statement, nowhere does he mention chemical and biological weapons.

By Antigone on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 12:56 pm:

trace, why do you hate so many Americans?

By Czarina on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 01:22 pm:

Sorry, I might have inferred that. I'm sitting here watching the Security Councils statements on CNN.

And something was mentioned about Saddam unleashing his biological and chemical weapons, if he was attacked. Perhaps that was speculation on the speakers part.

And perhaps I'm somewhat nervous, waiting to see what the outcome of this madness will be.

You see, I've already used up my supply of duct-tape and plastic, on other household projects. So, I'm sitting here defenseless.

It does not give me great comfort that Saddams cousin, "Chemical-Ali" has been placed in charge of the key southern sectors facing US and British troops.[I'm guessing he got that nick-name for a reason]

And, I don't care for the sounds of " mobile biological weapons laboratories", [whether or not they violate UN resolutions]This can't be a good thing to have available to a pissed off Iraq leader.

By jack on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 01:23 pm:

because they won't cooperate with him

By patrick on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 01:29 pm:

the mobile labs have never been found as of yet.

America has made all sorts of unverified claims but nothing concrete other than some crappy ass 150mm warheads uncovered in some barn.

oh and those al Samoud missles which traveled beyond the specified allowable distance some 25% of the time.

but whatever.

the US has a historical pattern of lying to its people in times of war.

By Czarina on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 01:38 pm:

Of course our government only wants us to hear their side of this, thats politics/propraganda. Its their jobs to be dishonest with us. Thats why we pay them.

And the "mobile biological weapons laboratories" have indeed been found. Iraq says they don't violate UN resolutions. But I still don't think its a good thing to have available to a pissed off leader. [you can go look at the article Tiggy just cited]

By Antigone on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 01:48 pm:

"the US has a historical pattern of lying to its people in times of war. "

So what?

The majority of the American public doesn't want the truth. I saw yesterday on a CNN poll that 51% of the public thinks that Saddam was "personally involved" with 9/11. Is there any proof? Of course not. Does it matter? No.

I had a bit of hope before I saw that. But now I don't. We're all screwed.

It's not that I'm against the war. On many levels I'm not, though I'm conflicted. None of the reasons the administration have given hold up. But, they don't have to hold up. Most of the American people don't need good arguments, or even bad arguments.

It is possible to do the right thing for the wrong reasons, and in the wrong way. In this case I think the long term consequences will be disasterous.

By spunky on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 02:00 pm:

I will have to abstain from further comment on this subject from this point until it is over.

You will find out what is true and what is not true when this is over.

The ships, the mobil labs, the weapons, the torture, the gassing of civilians, the purchases of weapon components from China, France and Germany, all of it.

Intelligence has never had the benefit of absolute certainty. Not with Russia, Germany, Al-Queda, or Iraq.
    Only hindsight tells us just how correct we were in regards to Russia, Germany, and Al-Queda.
    But as we speak we are closing in on Al-Queda, we are begining the liberation of Iraq, and moving swiftly towards Iran and N Korea.

By Antigone on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 02:08 pm:

"Intelligence has never had the benefit of absolute certainty."

There's a difference between "absolute certainty" and "clumsy fabrication."

It's kind of like the difference between "US Constitution" and "USA Patriot Act."

By Antigone on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 02:11 pm:

"Only hindsight tells us just how correct we were in regards to Russia, Germany, and Al-Queda."

Will you be saying that after world war three?

By that time your regret won't mean shit.

By patrick on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 02:12 pm:

"The majority of the American public doesn't want the truth."

im sorry tiggy....you gotta poll stats on this?

i don't believe that one fucking bit.

And are you saying we're screwed because of this self-imposed ignorance?

i cant believe what you are saying tiggy, czarina.

i expect politicians to lie about campaign finances not when it comes to bombing another nation without UN approval, arguably minority American civilian support and even less world support.

Im sorry, maybe its just me, but i expect an inkling of integrity from our leaders.

i admit to being very confused and upset with what is happening.

i wish my baby would come now.

By trace on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 02:18 pm:

By Antigone on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 02:21 pm:

trace, you're a fucking hypocrite.

You don't have a monopoly on outrage or anger.

By Antigone on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 02:24 pm:

trace, life is not black and white.

Bitch.

By trace on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 02:24 pm:

no kidding?
    That has never been evident here

By Antigone on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 02:26 pm:

Didn't you say you were going away?

Hurry along then, boy.

By wisper on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 05:34 pm:

"Im sorry, maybe its just me, but i expect an inkling of integrity from our leaders."

*giggle*

duck and cover, bitches.

By patrick on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 05:48 pm:

"You will find out what is true and what is not true when this is over."

yeah.

you're right.

once they land, they can start planting the evidence.

By Rowlf on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 06:07 pm:

I imagine that is what will happen...

...however based on their recent track record, they'll find a way to screw that up too...

By sarah on Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 01:40 pm:

"For Ms. Walker, Ms. Garafalo, NOW, and every other unconscious and misguided feminist who thinks that removing Saddam is ‘immoral,’ remember Um Haydar is just one of thousands of women who have been raped, tortured and murdered in front of their families. Think of Um’s children, her daughters, whom you have abandoned. Then go to sleep at night and pray to God that the dead can’t really invade your dreams because there are thousands of dead Iraqi women who know how you betray them, in the name of politics, in the name of hating George W. Bush, in the name of your own cynical political hypocrisy."

the rape and torture of women in the middle east isn't solely saddam's fault. it's the arab culture's fault. rape of women also happens every minute of every day in the US.

By Antigone on Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 01:44 pm:

We should nuke the Bronx.

By patrick on Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 02:11 pm:

oh c'mon tiggy.

you gots to give em at least 48 hours to vacate their homeland because Bush says so.

By sarah on Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 04:02 pm:

oh for chrissakes it won't take them 48 hours to pack it up and get themselves to Queens.

By semillama on Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 11:53 pm:

American Idol died for your sins.

By Cat on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 04:00 am:

Could somebody please direct me to the thread where Dave asked why no one liked him.

Thank you.

By kazoo on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 05:06 am:

By dave. on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 09:58 am:

oh. fuck.

By semillama on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 10:27 am:

We love you , cat. stop disappearing.

By kazoo on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 01:52 pm:

dave., did I do a bad thing?

I'm going to that thread now.

I can't believe I was up at 5AM

By Cat on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 06:02 pm:

Kazoo, Dave is just scared I'm going to tell everyone about his obsession with smegma as a food source.

Smegma-free diets are all the rage in Hollywood. And we know Dave just has to follow Jennifer Aniston's every bowel movement.

By Cat on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 06:06 pm:

Big wet schlurps to you, Semi.

By semillama on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 07:27 pm:

Right back atcha, toots.

By J on Thursday, March 20, 2003 - 12:53 pm:

It makes my fun bags swell with pride to see Cat posting again:)

By Cat on Friday, March 21, 2003 - 07:48 am:

Gropus humongous to you J.

It was shorter-lived than I'd hoped. I'm off again. I'll be in touch through Nate or Dave maybe, if either of them can be bothered reading anything I send them. But if Dave tells you that I've gone lesbo or stopped buying shoes worth more than a year's salary or something equally drastic, he's lying.

By kazoo on Friday, March 21, 2003 - 10:19 am:

damn you Cat, but take care.

By patrick on Friday, March 21, 2003 - 11:56 am:

oy vey

pussy.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact