Why do so many mediocre people wear No Fear T-shirts?

sorabji.com: Are you pissed off?: Why do so many mediocre people wear No Fear T-shirts?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Hotdog on Saturday, April 11, 1998 - 07:28 am:
    Yeah, why? They never won anything in their life! Do they think they are some sort of good luck charm?

By Wisper on Sunday, April 12, 1998 - 12:00 am:
    Observation:
    I've always noticed that people of questionable courage wear "No Fear" t-shirts, just as females of questionable sexual identity (and intellegence) wear those little baby t's that say "Girl" on them.

By Sorabji on Sunday, April 12, 1998 - 12:06 am:
    i was just thinking about the time i felt like a dumbass walking all over the east village with the "no fear" t-shirt someone had left at my apartment the week before.

then i bought a ticket at the Nuyorican and the guy behind the counter said "No fear? Must be nice."

And I acted all big-shot, like i had no fear in the world, thus the t-shirt.

the t-shirt is the man.

By Testosterone Terry on Monday, May 4, 1998 - 02:55 am:
    Have a piece of beef jerky. Chew it slowly. No need to fear.

By Jamie on Wednesday, May 13, 1998 - 04:55 pm:
    people who wear no fear shirts have nothing better to wear their moms must pick out their cloths because they are not self confident about themselves

By Skottey on Monday, June 22, 1998 - 11:45 am:
    Don't forget about the losers that have No Fear stickered to their trucks and cars. It is one thing to show off your favorite band or radio station with a sticker but what the hell are these losers thinking. I also hate the sticker of Calvin pissing on either Ford or Chevy. It is just plain lame.

By CarrieAnn on Wednesday, June 24, 1998 - 10:46 am:
    I used to have a No Fear tshirt in Jr. High, but I bought it because I liked the color and design on it. *shrug* Had nothing to really do with the whole 'badass, no fear' personna. I guess some people take their clothing a littttttttttle more seriously than others. ;)

And yeah, dammit no pissin on Chevys! Now Fords on the other hand..... *grin*

By Oddball Odd on Thursday, June 25, 1998 - 11:42 am:
    Yes, yes, yes...the new extreme. Guys with chin hair and tattoos. No Fear shirts and the "ape drape" haircut. Piercings and country music and beer and football. "I'll never be rich...but I CAN be poor white trash and wear it like a badge!!!!" I am always amazed at the lengths idiots will go to in order to adorn themselves in accordance with whatever the record company tells them to do. 60's flower power...70's disco...80's punk...90's grunge... IT'S ALL THE DOGSHIT HAT SYNDROME.

The DOGSHIT HAT is the brainchild of me. It is not really an original idea. It merely states that the average person, if subjected to a "NEATO" looking commercial blitz praising the NEW DOGSHIT HAT, would gladly wear a hat made of dogshit to parties and to the game and to dinner...because they have been brainwashed into beleiving that the DOGSHIT HAT is the coolest replacement for last years BULLSHIT HAT...it is more rugged, more durable, has a better warranty,and lemme tell ya, THE CHICKS LOVE IT (and they would.). Of course the DOGSHIT HAT would not be a big seller unless a rock star or a rapper used one in a FUCKING VIDEO!!!!!!

By PetRock on Thursday, June 25, 1998 - 01:27 pm:
    ummm....where can I find this hat you speak of?

HaHaHa HoHoHoheheheLMAO....whoa, *whew*

By Asia on Wednesday, July 8, 1998 - 04:47 pm:
    just read something in the paper, and it made me think of this topic. im paraphrasing because i didnt have the foresight to actually cut the article out.

some guy climed up a water tower to spraypaint something. fell 60someodd feet to his death. what was he spraypainting? "NO FEAR"

hah!!

By Fearless female on Tuesday, January 12, 1999 - 06:20 pm:

It seems that you all have tons of fear and fell the need to better yourselves by degrading those who choose to express themselves freely......do you wear a shirt that says "I suck".....if not you should them we know to kick your ass if we saw you on the street.

By OnePercent on Tuesday, January 12, 1999 - 06:31 pm:

I ain't feared nuthin since I was born especially not a bitch gonna kick my ass. Are you really proud of bungee jumping or whatever other stupid shit you do that is "fearless". How about helping AIDS patients or mentally deranged bikers.
    Does that stir your little thingy?
    Did you ever look down the barrel of .45? I've been a biker for years and that'll scare the shit out of me every time.
    Go wipe your ass with your T-shirt..and hat.
    And by the way... I used to have a shirt that said "I suck" ...I'd love to meet you so I can show it to you some day.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact