More Often Than I Care to Admit

sorabji.com: Are you pissed off?: More Often Than I Care to Admit
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By R.C. on Friday, January 23, 1998 - 01:36 am:
    Sometimes I am engulfed by rage. To the point where I can hardly see straight. And cannot think straight at all. The kind of rage that digs in
    & holds on -- sometimes for weeks. And it's usually over things that I can't do anything about. Like that woman in the paper who maced those 2 little Black kids out in a parking lot. All they'd done was walk up to her son to try & play with him. The woman MACED THEM (they were 6 & 8) & cursed at them. Then/ when their mom (who was in a wheelchair nearby) came over to see what had happened/the bitch got in her car with her son & tried to drive off. The woman in the wheelchair rolled in front of her car to stop her from leaving before she could alert the police. And she nearly ran her over!

That happened a few weeks ago. But I'm still pissed off about it. I know that incident had nothing to do with me. It had nothing to do with the Whitefolks I know. I know that woman didn't wake up one day & say "From now on, I'm gonna be a racist bitch!" She was taught to think that way/from childhood. She is teaching her son the same demonic values now. But I also know that she has had a Black person hold a door open for her. Or thank her as they returned the change from her purchase. And I'll bet that woman goes to church & prays every nite & thinks of herself as a child of God (this IS the Bible Belt, after all.) Or maybe she's just a heathen. Maybe I have no business blaming God for any of this. Or maybe I'm stuck in a time warp -- maybe this is still 1948 & not 1998. Maybe this kind of shit happens every day.

I've just never understood why/if Hate is the most evil force in the universe/if it creates such tremendous negative energy/the way Marianne Williamson & all these New Age gurus claim/
    then how come people who are filled with hate don't just burst into flames & disappear? Why doesn't the Universe make them dissolve into a pile of ashes? Why doesn't God turn them into a pillar of salt? Since He zapped Lot's wife for a lesser infraction. Why do they get to live & breath & continue spreading hatred/while perfectly decent people die every single day? And what good does it do to believe in/or try to explain to someone else why they shd believe in/a God who allows people like that to continue to exist?

By Marianne Williamson on Friday, January 23, 1998 - 02:27 pm:
    Good, good. Let it out. Let it out. Now breathe. Isn't that better? A person in your state could really be helped by one of my power crystals. Could I have your VISA number and expiration date please?

Perhaps you should also consider changing your diet.

Holistically speaking, a little rage is a good thing. Would you like fries with that?

By R.C. on Friday, January 23, 1998 - 02:43 pm:
    ROFLMBAOff! Slacker, was that you? I pity yr wife. I'm sure she can never stay mad at you/about anything/for more than the time it takes you to toss off a quip. Do you do impressions too? It must be like being married to Jim Carey. Lauren Holly is a fool for leaving him.)

By Steamed dumpling on Friday, January 23, 1998 - 02:57 pm:
    hey, how does R.C. come to be posting on a message board I've never seen before? does she have access to the ~secret site~

By Jeffrey Scott Holland on Friday, January 23, 1998 - 03:31 pm:
    At least with fighting racism, one has the clear-cut lines of battle drawn, where it is obvious that They are wrong and We are right.

With me, my rage covers such a vast scope, an all-encompassing hate that hate made, that sometimes I am hit by self-doubt (but not TOO often)....I am continually hit in the face by mass stupidity, superstition, blind acceptance of injustices, greed, evil, etc. in a world full of people watching news that is all lies, eating food that isn't really food, watching sitcoms that aren't really funny, living lives that aren't really living. And now up-and-coming industrial nations are working overtime to try to be just like America. Through capitalism, Uncle Sam will take over these countries without firing a shot. The entire globe will be one gigantic shopping mall. Yeah, yeah, all this rhetoric has been said before a million times. Even the truth is passe now.

And now thanks to the Unabomber, people automatically associate such opinions with wild-eyed raving loonies. "You don't WANT more factories in our city? You're crazy as that Unabomber!"

By Thats MR. Ted Kaczynski to you on Friday, January 23, 1998 - 04:51 pm:
    Hey, man. Don't try and pawn that off on me. I'm no wild-eyed loony. And I got my own shit to deal with.

By Hmmm on Friday, January 23, 1998 - 09:09 pm:
    R.C., you old browser types do have some advantages. you get to see a page that usually whizzes by newer browsers (guess it's a java thing), the one you get when you click on sorabji.com at the top of this page. it's the only page I've found with this topic on it. isn't it all so fascinating.

By Sorabji on Friday, January 23, 1998 - 09:30 pm:
    there is no secret site here.

By Oobleck on Friday, January 23, 1998 - 11:06 pm:
    so you think

By Dont EVEN call me Ted you fucking morons. on Friday, January 23, 1998 - 11:42 pm:
    Tech-talk? That's all? Jesus Christ, do you people READ?
    Secret site? Look elsewhere!
    Want secrets? Look into yourself, or watch some TV.
    Holy dirt, do you people actually THINK?
    Secret? Secret? WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK is important enough to keep secret from YOU?
    ANSWER THAT, FREE PERSON. You can go out and get the paper if you want to. What the FUCK is a secret to you? Tell me. I'd love to know now.

By Under a rock Im afraid to create on Friday, January 23, 1998 - 11:45 pm:
    SUCK ME OOBLECK. CREATE SOMETHING YOU FUCKING COWARD.

By R.C. on Saturday, January 24, 1998 - 12:39 am:
    Gee, THAT was refreshing commentary!

My AOL browser is wack sometimes. I'll search for new msgs. & see stuff posted/then click on it & find that person's entry just isn't there when I get to that BBS...? But I am a lo-tech girl forever. AOL is totally user-friendly & great for computer cretins like moi. I don't upgrade anything as long as the memory & software I currently own allow me to do what I wanna do. And I will not touch Microsoft products unless I cannot avoid them/ becuz I think Bill Gates is the Anti-Christ. At the very least/he is a thief & a bully. Microsoft has become to computers what DeBeers is to diamonds. In the 'free marketplace'/amassing that kind of market share isn't supposed to be legal. But for some reason/the Feds & everyone else looked the other way as Mr. Bill was building his empire.

But sometimes this stone-age AOL browser surprises me. Late last nite/I was wandering thru Mark's Mansion/clicked on New Msgs. & saw a strange new page appear. It listed all the BBSs by topic/with the list centered in the middle of the page. I can't recall the color scheme/becuz I haven't seen it since. It only stayed up long enuf for me to notice that a new board entitled
    "Are You Pissed Off?" had been posted. I clicked on it & found a pristine page. So I finally got to be the first at something/for the first time in my life. (A double first!) Now/I can't find that BBS topics page anywhere.

JSH: Yr points are well taken. Those were the sort of disturbing thoughts that I lived with back during college days. But the older I get/the more I realize that/as a person of color/Race will always remain The Big Issue. Becuz this country is losing ground every day in terms of race relations. And becuz pseudo-news/fake food/ the ever-expanding New World Order/are all disturbing. But they do not pose an immediate & palpable threat to my life/the way a random racist cop or some bitch with a can of mace do.
    Those other things do not make me dream of murder... Which I realize more & more that I am quite capable of/in the face of spontaneous acts of hatred. I wish I had been in that parking lot that day. I wd have killed that bitch with my bare hands & gladly gone to prison for it. Which makes me almost as bad as she is. But only almost.

By R.C. I wanna be with you on Saturday, January 24, 1998 - 12:56 am:
    OK--but are you pissed off?

By R.C. on Saturday, January 24, 1998 - 02:15 am:
    Alittlebitmaybesortakinda. But then, it cd be PMS.

By Jeffrey Scott Holland on Saturday, January 24, 1998 - 11:39 am:
    R.C : You make it sound as if being concerned with these things is something for college kids to worry about, and then outgrow. To say they don't pose an immediate and palpable threat to you is way off - the racist cop and the bitch with the can of mace are *symptoms* of what I'm talking about.

Racism will not be eradicated without eradicating stupidity and ignorance. Stupidity is fostered by our fucked up society. Our fucked up society is caused by the aforementioned greed, Government, misuse of power, chemicals in our food, TV, bad schools, blah blah blah....college kid talk? Maybe at one time. Not these days.

By Golden Boy on Monday, January 26, 1998 - 02:08 pm:
    Hmmm., interesting?! Greed, Misuse of Power, Chemicals in our food.....sounds to me like all forms of a non-working system, but not that would contribute to racism or ignorance...ya see sir, ignorance and racism or even the likeness of prejudices are learned, yes from environment; but it begins in the home. The act of tolerance is a learned manner. You cannot tolerate that which you do not know or fear because no one parent ever taught us that, sterotypes are homebred, all mexicans are busboys, all blacks luv fried chicken, indianans luv NASCAR, any way you slice it, a parent gave a hint of a sterotype, and then slowly (most likely unkowningly) cultured that thought, nurturing it, and cared for it til it grew up to be a prejudiced thought. It is the unspoken manner in America's household that is rotting the system inside out. Stupidity and Ignorance is NOT hereditary....just learned acts of thinking and behaving...of course not every child gets that healthy dose of honest information and brilliant offering of that non-racist ideal...because they too learn from those themselves who are prejudiced..cynical against the system maybe, pissed that they don't earn enough sure, but still never an excuse to not crawl on their knees and teach the young that we cannot co-exist with such separatist thought. Where are these teacher martyrs, aren't they parents as well, are they teaching their kids better than what they would teach your kids at school?!!

WE CREATED WHAT EXISTS NOW!!! These so called bad schools were bred by us not the system, teachers stopped caring, their incentive is gone because parent's incentive is gone..they say racism is bad don't go there little timmy, and the next minute...i am not comofortable with you dating a black woman timmy...the system is made up of a community of organized thought from a commitee of people of any sort..those same people could make a difference or start to make one, but why haven't they? We reap what we sow, and it is a sad state of affairs when our nations youth already have no basis of hatred. They hate because they heard others hate, they are merely mimics of us...?? how can a 13 yr old black kid cry hatred if he can't reason with his family, (that goes for any race!!)
    family is where it is at...values have plummeted, cares have fallen, ideals have gave way to cynicism...what next?

By Cyber king on Sunday, February 22, 1998 - 05:05 pm:
    I'm really reallly pissed off

By Joe v61aol.com on Sunday, March 1, 1998 - 03:01 pm:
    WOMEN JUST PISS ME OFF(CERTAIN ONES NOT ALL!!!)

By E. Cartman on Thursday, March 5, 1998 - 11:16 pm:
    DEMOCRATTH PITH ME OFF!

By HERMAN J. DOLANSKI JR. on Sunday, March 15, 1998 - 02:16 pm:
    igorant things happen everyday. it's a way of life nowadays and is excepted by man because he has become desensitized to almost everything thrown at him. at 47 years old, things do not surprise at the very least when they occur. i usaully think to myself "what took so long?"
    i'm pissed off because no one wants to hire a 47yr. old male that had triple by-pass surgery and is diabetic. right up to the time i have to tell them i am a diabetic and bla-bla bla, it's all over. all i have to do is look in their eyes as i tell them that and i know at that very instant the interview has ended against me. i don't want to sound as if i'm cry baby, because i'm not. i was back at work in may after my surgery in january as a manager for burger king. for those that think that working for a fast food eatery is easy, try it. lots of stress!
    if i can put up with that for 8yrs. i can put up with almost anything. but yet, no one will give me a chance to prove my worth to their company. THAT PISSES ME OFF!!! but i just carry on and hope that i can get a break soon. i have no money or time left on all my bills. soon it will be repo time. everything i've worked for will be in naught.

By Busybody on Sunday, March 15, 1998 - 06:44 pm:
    Herman, you don't have to tell 'em about your diabetes. And they shouldn't ask. Do you, like, have to give yourself shots at work and stuff? If it doesn't have a bearing on the job, wait 'til they hire you and then tell 'em... under ADA they're supposed to accomodate you (I don't know the details of this but it would be a good thing to find out about...Americans with Disabilities Act). Being honest doesn't necessarily mean wearing all your problems on the outside when you go to interview.

By Nutintou on Tuesday, March 24, 1998 - 06:05 pm:
    All you people have so much to bitch about. Why can't you just live and be compassionate for others. Stop worrying about the whole world because you can't change it. Try to clean up your own back yard first. If we can concentrate on the little things and conquer them, then we, as a group of rational thinking citizens, can attempt to conquer some of the bigger issues. Everyone wants to look around and point the finger at everyone else, look at yourself, your family, your aunts and uncles, grandparents, and if you still have time to worry about everyone else you must not really care about yourself or your family. If you're alone you may have time for this, that's what loners are for. And one more thing, how in the world can we be expected to have morals when we allow our leader to have affairs. Our leader, President Bill Clinton - a role model for our children, has been splashed all over the media as a pervert and an adultrer. Yet he is still our president. What kind of society are we leading our children into?

By Chrashtopher on Tuesday, March 24, 1998 - 06:28 pm:
    The Great and Powerful Oz has spoken.

yadayadayada.

We're all a bunch of loner busy bodies, nut. Mind your own fucking business.

By Hugh Jarms on Tuesday, March 24, 1998 - 06:48 pm:
    Hey Nut,
    It's not as easy as that. I used to have a delivery job in downtown Seattle and even though I almost always woke up in a good mood, by noon I was usually just as grumpy as everyone else. When all you see are frowns, it's pretty hard to keep a smile on your own face, not to mention in your heart. And with regards to Clinton, I don't think presidents are the role models that their opponents like to portray them as. I became a teenager the year Reagan took office and I'm hardly conservative.

Nice meta-bitch. Now try walking your talk.

By Kelsey on Wednesday, March 25, 1998 - 12:34 am:
    tell it, "HUGH"! as if i don't know who you are. However, we cannot blame Nutintou, he/she has obviously been listening to too much talk radio and reading too many politician's diatribes, in my opinion.

By Sarta on Wednesday, March 25, 1998 - 01:58 am:
    Nutintou: Right on! Liberals are scum. I love watching them squirm as they try to defend Clinton, especially the feminists!

By Hugh Jarms on Wednesday, March 25, 1998 - 01:14 pm:
    Sarta,
    I'm curious; in your opinion, what are the main problems facing this society today and what would you do to address these problems. This should be pretty funny.

By Sarta on Wednesday, March 25, 1998 - 08:06 pm:
    Okay, I'll take the bait: The main problems are obvious: Disease, the environment, racism, drugs, etc. You know if you've been paying attention. The bigger issue is that we can't address these problems if we're constantly being sidetracked by a president who can't resist screwing women who are not Hillary. (His WIFE.) I don't know if you have kids, but how do you explain to your 8 or 9 year old kid what oral sex is, because he or she just heard that's what the president is accused of? What's going on right now in Iraq or Bosnia? I don't know and I bet you don't either because all you hear about is Clinton's problems: Monica. Whitewater. Paula. John Wong. Kathleen.Etc. Well, what about our problems? Society's problems. I really don't care about Clinton's escapades, but they're never ending. And I don't think sweeping them under the rug and ignoring them is any solution either. We have special interest groups like the feminists who should be ALL OVER this guy defending him to the end. Why? Damn if I know. It's destroying their credibility. If Clinton had nothing to hide, and he was any kind of MAN, he would let Gore run things for a while, get this mess OVER with and get back to work. Then we could address the REAL problems. Now, you tell me... Where am I wrong? (I will refrain from ending this with a lowbrow comment akin to your "This should be good" statement.)

By Hugh Jarms on Wednesday, March 25, 1998 - 09:56 pm:
    You are blaming Clinton for exposing 8 or 9 year olds to the phrase 'oral sex'? Isn't Starr the one who keeps feeding the press's appetite for scandal? You are being told that all of this is important and you believe what you are told. Today, the Republicans just pushed through another big chunk of money to try to get more info. I can think of better things to spend that money on. It's not about doing what's good for the nation, it's about saving face. They're blowing SO FUCKING MUCH MONEY on this shit, if they come up empty-handed, the public's never gonna forget it. The bottom line for me is that Clinton isn't trying to fuck with my rights so I have no problem with him. Conservatives are all about trying to force their beliefs on everyone else. Kenneth Starr is the one giving all the sordid details to us. If you have a problem with that, talk to him or his bosses. If Clinton can't do his job because he's forced to deal with these accusations and if that bothers you, tell Starr to lay off. This is getting so boring.

By Pete on Wednesday, March 25, 1998 - 10:36 pm:
    I read about this one in the Washington Post today....K. Starr has subpoenaed Kramerbooks (a DC bookstore) for a list of books that M. Lewinsky purchased there BEFORE this "scandal" broke!

WHAT IN THE HELL DOES STARR THINK HE IS DOING AND WHO THE FUCK DOES HE THINK HE IS??? Isn't this just another example of how out of control this whole investigation is? Why would he be interested in the fact that Monica purchased a novel from a bookstore earlier this year? Does he think it will give him clues into her psyche?

And Sarta...I believe that the president's sex life is his own business...what goes on upstairs at the White House is between Bill, Hillary, and whoever he may or may not be cheating with. It is Starr and the press who are creating this media feeding frenzy...I would say the majority of the American public is sick and tired of the whole issue. Let the man get back to work and keep Starr out of Clinton's pants.

By GeeOhPee on Wednesday, March 25, 1998 - 11:42 pm:
    Boys, you conveiniently missed a couple of things in Sarta's post, John Huang (Wong?) and Whitewater were in there too, so it's not all about libido. Sarta's got a point. Clinton's unable (if not unfit) to perform. Well, maybe not in all arenas...

By Holden on Wednesday, March 25, 1998 - 11:49 pm:
    Clinton haters took aim at the President before New Hampshire, 1992. So much mud has been thrown at him over the years it was assumed some would stick. Instead, he was reelected, the economy is as sound as it has been in thirty years, the budget deficit is shrinking, and the public approves of the job he has done as President.
    Now, when those folks thought they had him by the zipper, it turns out they forgot you need solid facts to back up allegations! More bad news to come; Paula Jones doesn't have a case either.
    Bless your hearts. This is an exceptionally frustrating time to hate Bill! With the Jones case, it's about to get worse.
    I feel your pain

By Sarta on Thursday, March 26, 1998 - 12:26 am:
    Oh yeah... I forgot... Kenneth Starr pulled Bill's pants down and twisted Monica's arm until she blew him. Damn the media for always leaving out the important facts. I suppose you blame the FBI for being mean to Tim McVeigh? Or maybe it was the fault of those folks in that building. After all, if they hadn't been there...Give me a break! So tell me, who forced Bill to take John Wong's money? (Nope, Starr is NOT an acceptable answer. Newt, maybe?) You guys keep IGNORING the non-sexual parts...

By Kelsey on Thursday, March 26, 1998 - 01:45 am:
    ummm, sarta, how bout some proof? let's hear it, suckah...

By Sarta on Thursday, March 26, 1998 - 01:56 am:
    Cancelled checks made out to the DNC enough proof for you, suckah? Oh, sure, they gave it back, so it's okay. Try that one at work when YOU get caught embezzling.

By Ross Perot on Thursday, March 26, 1998 - 02:09 am:
    Yew guys are all weenies! I'M THE MAN! HEY! ME! DOWN HERE!

By Hugh Jarms on Thursday, March 26, 1998 - 02:17 am:
    Y'know, when I asked you earlier what you thought were some of the problems we face today, I knew that you were going to go off on a prepackaged right-wing tirade. You surprised me at first by mentioning some basic liberal concerns. But you couldn't resist bagging on the president. I agree with you: let's focus on whitewater, let's focus on illegal donations, lets forget about the sex. It's just a desperate smear tactic. No, Starr didn't assist with Clinton's zipper, Clinton can work his own zipper. Why in the fuck are they focusing on the sex? Because that's all the only thing left with which to grab America's attention. (It worked on you.) Because they have, after spending all this time and all this money, NO damning evidence on whitewater or illegal donations or anything else. Why can't the Republicans involved be "real men" and admit they have nothing and apologize for acting like a bunch of schoolyard gossipmongers. Same goes for Democrats, they're no better when it comes to shit like this.

By Jesse Jackson on Thursday, March 26, 1998 - 02:22 am:
    No way, baby! I'm the man!

By Janet Reno on Thursday, March 26, 1998 - 02:27 am:
    You fucking little twerps, I'M the man!

By Sarta on Thursday, March 26, 1998 - 02:28 am:
    I'm genuinely concerned about all the issues I mentioned. Not all Republicans are cookie cutouts of George Bush. Like I say, I wouldn't even mind giving Gore a shot. I don't hate all democrats. I just don't think Clinton can effectively serve. That may or may not be his fault, but that seems to be the case.

By Nixon on Thursday, March 26, 1998 - 02:45 am:
    I may be dead, but I AM NOT A CROOK!

By Hugh Jarms on Thursday, March 26, 1998 - 02:47 am:
    He IS effectively serving, in spite of all of this. Dammit, he's doing a good job. It's fucking near impossible for a politician to get anything done since the votes always seem to cancel each other. Things have been pretty nifty over all. There's always room for criticism, but Americans on both sides seem to like to let spin doctors do our criticizing for us. G'night Sarta.

By Grim Reaper on Thursday, March 26, 1998 - 02:50 am:
    Back in the box, Tricky Dick!

By LBJ on Thursday, March 26, 1998 - 03:27 am:
    It is with a heavy heart that I must speak to you today. I am dead, and thus cannot run for reelection. I regret some of my decisions, but I must stand by them. Only time can judge our actions.

By Innocent motorist on Thursday, March 26, 1998 - 03:36 am:
    pssssst....Slacker? Would you do the world a favor? Kill everyone who has posted to this board!
    Thanks.
    Happy Smoking!

By Joseph 750 on Thursday, March 26, 1998 - 03:45 am:
    Hello gullible citizens of earth! None of you are worth my attention, but I have the most progressive, yet traditional, ideas you'll never think of. I will change your very being. Would you like to hear more?

By Pete on Thursday, March 26, 1998 - 06:55 am:
    No thanks Joe...we'll take our ZipperGate and learn to deal with it.

Sarta, I have to agree with Hugh -- he put it into words better than I could have. Sure, investigate Clinton for all the alleged campaign abuses, the Whitewater deal, whatever. But the President's sex life has no relevancy to the original mission of Kenneth Starr's investigation. It's just that he has spent/wasted over $30 million of the taxpayer's money to date and still has nothing to show for it. So now he brings up the President's sex life, trying to find whatever microscopic piece of dirt he can to throw at Clinton. And Clinton's approval rating is at record high levels...how do you explain that? Easy - because the American public DOES NOT CARE ABOUT ANY OF THIS! All we care about is whether or not he is getting the job done - which he is.

By Americans for a Better Sorabji.com on Thursday, March 26, 1998 - 09:17 am:
    SHUT THE FUCK UP!! There is NOTHING more boring than partisan hacks rehashing tired old political gruel for the hundredth time. Yeah, I've got political opinions too (far more sophisticated than yours, naturally), about all this and more, but I'm not going to convince you and you're not going to convince me. Shut up already.

By A Duck on Thursday, March 26, 1998 - 09:27 am:
    quack.

By Macro on Thursday, March 26, 1998 - 09:37 am:
    To "Americans for a better Sorabji com": So this site is only here to discuss what you want to hear? FUCK YOU, ASSWIPE!

By Assholes for a better world for assholes for a better world on Thursday, March 26, 1998 - 11:09 am:
    Boom shacka-lacka quack, boom shacka-quacka lack.

By Nutz 2 U on Thursday, March 26, 1998 - 06:49 pm:
    Americans for a Better Sorabji.com:

BLOW ME!

By Spiro Keats on Thursday, March 26, 1998 - 06:54 pm:
    Americans for a Better Sorabji: If your "sophisticated" political opinions are anything like your view of free speech, they must be pretty fucked up. Thank you for sparing us.

By AfaBS.c on Friday, March 27, 1998 - 10:25 am:
    Glad to see that the level of sophisticated discourse proceeds apace. So far, the duck is the most eloquent.

And the First Amendment protects citizens from suppression of speech by the government, not by other citizens. You think your boss (assuming you have a job) can't tell you what not to say? So my view of free speech, kiddies, is that it gives me the right to tell you you're a bunch of wankers if you got nothing better to do than sling the same tired old drivel regarding Clinton/Starr, and yeah, that goes for those I agree with as well. I agree with you, great, there's no need to preach to the choir; or, I disagree with you, great, you're not going to convince me otherwise on this topic. What do you want to rant on next, abortion? Klansmen vs. NAACP? Pretty damn useless. A sneering match isn't a debate. And if you get your widdle feewings hurt, don't go whining to the Constitution.

Flame away, kids. (You really need to do something about that impotent sense of general hostility at the world; it isn't healthy to go through life like that.)

By Macro on Friday, March 27, 1998 - 06:51 pm:
    My boss can tell me to shut up. You ain't my boss, shithead. Drop dead.

By The Duck on Friday, March 27, 1998 - 07:01 pm:
    Americans..yada, yada: I disagree, I think you can change people's minds. You've certainly convinced a lot of us that you're an asshole.

By YBwRTYaW on Friday, March 27, 1998 - 07:13 pm:
    Hehehehehe.....oh man, I'm enjoying this.

By Roto on Friday, March 27, 1998 - 08:13 pm:
    AFABSC: I'm anti-abortion, but the more I hear you, I wish your momma had one.

By Sarta on Friday, March 27, 1998 - 08:28 pm:
    How about this: we'll discuss what we want to, and AfaBS.c, if you don't like it, you can go elsewhere. I think Barney the Dinosaur has a site and he probably doesn't have any political debates there. He might try to persuade you to use some manners though, so on second thought...

By Uncle Rebus on Saturday, March 28, 1998 - 12:39 am:
    AfaBS.c - r u JoSHing us?

By Dave formerly Hugh Jarms on Saturday, March 28, 1998 - 04:21 am:
    AfaBS.c's just thinking out loud so to speak. Sure, he/she's an asshole; assholes are the backbone of this country. You go, AfaBS.c. I'll kick anybody's ass who tries to shut you up. You asshole.

By Steve currently Hugh Jass on Saturday, March 28, 1998 - 06:38 pm:
    Dave, have you not been paying attention? HE'S the one telling the rest of us to shut up. Certainly it's no crime to be a jerk, but there are two major breaches of net protocol: You DON'T post under other people's names, and you DON'T tell anyone to shut up. All views are welcome, no matter how twisted they may be. Uncle Rebus: I read you loud and clear, bud!

By Dave on Saturday, March 28, 1998 - 11:59 pm:
    I've been paying attention. What I said was said with a smile. One of the drawbacks to electronical dialogueing is that you can't always tell when people are jerking your chain.

By Rodney on Monday, March 30, 1998 - 12:53 pm:
    Can't we all just get along?

By PassNthru on Tuesday, March 31, 1998 - 03:43 am:
    In the fifties Elvis' gyrating hips caused a great deal of controversy between generations, as well as his wild uncouth rock music. We now know that Elvis, even his music, wasn't so bad. Cars were big; gas cheap. Disposable diapers were'nt yet invented. Commercials for tampons and condums weren't shown. The media, slow by todays standards, knew what was important...that sex was a subject best not spoken about. In those days divorce was a no-no. Drive by shootings and ,particularly, kids shooting up their schools were not even conceivable. If a person had a color TV and air conditioning...he was lucky or rich. And yes...Presidents did "mess around".

Now we have Madonna with her transparent dress on national TV and songs about drinking/pissing the night away. Disposable diapers. 8 minute dinners. Microwave ovens. Tampon/condum commercials. School shoot-em-up-ers. Divorce is SOP. Multiple TVs. And media/K.Starr who think everyone cares about someones sex life. Most of us have enough problems with our own sex lives to worry about Clintons'. (Not to mention higher priority stuff...like surviving). And yes...Presidents still mess around. Like they always have. Like a lot of men do. Like they always will. Isn't that right ladies?

The problem is that a minority of people always think that they are better than others...therefore they're qualified to judge others. That people actually sin. Duh. The older churches with dwindling, congregations are full (thankfully not exactly totally full) of these poor, self righteous, misguided (but well meaning) people. We are not the first generation to deal with these kind of people. Jesus himself was crucified by such well meaning, self righteous people. Such people, and K.Starr, should realize soon (hopefully) that even though Clinton was/is wrong, they are even more wrong. The world, the real meaning of religion (love & forgivness & humbleness), and the nations' priorities...has passed them by.

Todays no brainer: Only an extremist would want the same political party to control BOTH the Congress and the Presidency at the same time. (That's the VOTERS system of checks and balances)

By Spiro Keats on Tuesday, March 31, 1998 - 04:32 am:
    Uh...Who is suggesting replacing Clinton with a Republican? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Gore next in line should Clinton be removed from office?

By PassNthru on Tuesday, March 31, 1998 - 05:59 am:
    Spiro Keats:
    It's obvious to me, after reading Newsweek magazine for years, that there is a segment of our society that is so twisted and idealogical...they'd do anything to make Clinton look bad. Don't say it...I know that he helped. Still, when the citizens elected a Democratic President, these people never accepted that fact. They have been after Clinton from day number one. Most of the allegations were known publicly BEFORE he was elected, yet he was elected anyway. Now they legally use your tax money, and mine, (more than 30 million dollars so far) to conduct their political crusade. And Congress will soon get the messy dirt (and conduct hearings about impeachment) just in time for Presidential elections. Of course they won't impeach him...he is, after all, very popular. They will, however, make good use of the hearings for prime time coverage to convey their godliness. Very convenient.

How come, after so much of our money is spent, no evidence exists to support their claims? Every taxpayer should be truly enlightened when all is said and done, about USA politics.
    Has even one of the items in the "Contract with America" been fully enacted into law? I notice that since the Freshmen Republicans got elected, campaign reform isn't needed. Our own Freshman Republican made the remark that it's not needed since things are being ran better than before. He was correct but for the wrong reason. He can make use of taxpayer time and money by giving a godly anti-Clinton speech when the hearings start. Just what has this Congress accompished? Anything?

As we used to say in school...it's time to put up or shut up. By the way, I got so sick of the Lewinsky thing every week in Newsweek...I cancelled the subscription.

By Kay Oss on Tuesday, March 31, 1998 - 09:16 am:
    Clinton's so fucked up, lying and screwing around. He should be a Republican!

ANARCHY RULES!!!!!!!

By Scrunch on Tuesday, March 31, 1998 - 05:26 pm:
    I may only be a 14-year-old and not really know a damn about the government, but this whole sex scandal thing is getting really old. Pass'n'thru is right. There are bigger problems in the world than this Clinton thing and most people don't care about what happens in his sex life. I know I don't. I think a huge problem with our country today is that a majority of the American people don't respect our government leaders. It's nearly impossible to turn on the T.V. without hearing jokes about presidential sex scandals. Hell! We're even disrespecting Clinton for something as unimportant as his weight and physical apprearance. Who really gives a shit about that! He's possibly the most powerful man in the world, and he's doing an alright job. It used to be that people would sport buttons saying "I Like Ike". I guess as the times changed the role of the President somehow lost its glory though.

By Spiro Keats on Tuesday, March 31, 1998 - 07:33 pm:
    To PassNthru: Thank you for answering my question in a forthright and intelligent manner. I don't agree fully with you, but I appreciate that it wasn't filled with smug pompousness about your "superior political views" or anything like that. Some folks could learn from your example. Good job.

By The Committee on Tuesday, March 31, 1998 - 08:12 pm:
    Ah, shaddup, you smug pompous ass.

By Spiro Keats on Wednesday, April 1, 1998 - 12:07 am:
    Damn! Found out AGAIN!

By Macro on Wednesday, April 1, 1998 - 12:25 am:
    Spiro: Since you're too nice to say it, I'll say it for you - Committee: Eat shit! Lots of it. Big heapin' bowls full. Then die.

By Micro on Wednesday, April 1, 1998 - 01:00 am:
    Speaking of forthright and intelligent manners.....

By Dave on Wednesday, April 1, 1998 - 02:58 am:
    I'm surprised no one's posting under the name Onan.

By Onan OBrien on Wednesday, April 1, 1998 - 06:18 am:
    *whack whack whack*

By Hannah on Wednesday, April 1, 1998 - 06:59 pm:
    Know what? I could've sworn I've made a contribution to this posting, but I haven't and that makes me sad. =(
    But I'm writing now, so that makes me happy. =)
    I guess it all balances out. =|

Okay, I get pissed off a lot, especially at ignorant people. And dumb. Basically anyone who is of a much lower intelligence that I. What to do? I feel like taking them by the shoulders and shaking them as hard as I can.

By John on Thursday, April 2, 1998 - 12:44 am:
    If you tried to take me by the shoulders, I'd judge you to be of much lower intelligence than I.
    What's your criterion?

By Kelsey on Thursday, April 2, 1998 - 02:11 am:
    i am the duck. and i say, "quack."

By POed on Saturday, April 4, 1998 - 10:13 pm:
    It is better to be pissed off than pissed on. Wasn't that the topic?

By Antigones short hairs on Wednesday, May 13, 1998 - 06:21 pm:
    My $0.02...

The snacilbupeR fucked up when they tried to destroy Clinton relentlessly from the beginning. They've piled so much shit up at his feet that they can't throw any more shit at him. And the American people, having smelled that shit all these years, don't give a shit. They just say, "Hmm. More shit," and go on with ther lives. Shit don't mean shit anymore.

By 24 YO Australian Male on Friday, May 22, 1998 - 05:49 pm:
    You are obviously all Freaks in the old U.S of A ! Damned freaks. No wonder your kids end up shooting each other in school or murdering their parents. Only when you release yoursleves from the grip of " We're so Fucking Great in America " syndrome, and the " I Just Wanna' say this " affliction will you see just how Fucked up your society is becoming. Your " Right to bear arms " and Right to " Defend life and Property " Bullshit will almost certainly become your ultimate downfall as you slide faster into the depths of uncontrollable and dillusionary sociological declination.
    Take a leaf from our book. Love thy neighbour, respect others and their rights. Above all try to imagine that you are not the only person on this earth !.

Signed. A Concerned Australian

By Gangsta182 on Friday, May 22, 1998 - 05:52 pm:
    So....What's a Kangaroo Root Like Cobber ?

By 24 YO Australian Male on Friday, May 22, 1998 - 06:27 pm:
    Fuck you. American Sociopath !.
    It just proves what sick weirdo's you all are.
    You guys seem to commit more murders in a day than Aussies drink beers !.Forgive us, but we can't seem to understand how such a beautiful continent as America has degraded into a bloodthirsty and violent culture as is today, one of the reasons so many Aussies do not visit for holidays !!!
    When you visit Australia you appear rude and objective and so damned full of yoursleves, I can't help but think that genetics has something to do with your whole problem. Maybe the probelm starts with the Government, for a start Your president cracks on to his staff, is an absoloute stooge by international standards. You have certain government departments that make people " Disappear" for " reasons of national security" and you butt into conflicts that you should have no involement in whatsoever. when will it end guys ? whats going on ? .
    There must be a few sane people there somewhere statistically at least!
    Ok, you have a population of 270,000,000.Given that at least 10% should be sane ? thats 2.7 million. Why not filter these people and create your own super-city, a "Babylon" if you like.

Then do the trusty U.S thing, and Nuke the rest !

By Markus on Friday, May 22, 1998 - 07:50 pm:
    Is there a draft in here?

By PetRock on Saturday, May 23, 1998 - 01:58 am:
    24 YO Australian Male:

It is obvious that you have been influenced by the postings of the one and only Oatmeal PoopHead....

So let me respond to you in a most sober, intelligent and well thought out manner:

BLOW IT OUT YOUR ASS, SHITHEAD!

(What do you expect from a country founded by criminals and who treats their native population like 2nd class citizens?)

Stay the fuck out of here if you don't like the crime....pussy. Why, we were dodging bullets when you were just an itch in your daddy's pants.

By Dave on Saturday, May 23, 1998 - 04:58 am:
    Tread lightly when quipping about how a country treats its native population. Compared to other minorities, we haven't even begun reconciliation with Native Americans. Or native Hawaiians for that matter. God, I just fucking cringe when I think about the karma debt that European descendants have coming to 'em. My family moved from Scandinavia and Northern Europe to the Dakotas in the early 1900's so we really weren't a part of the whole slavery thing but we sure displaced a whole bunch of Native Americans who had their whole setup established for thousands of years until a bunch of psycho white folk and their manifest destiny doctrine uprooted entire cultures. I'm not so naive as to think the aboriginal occupants were completely pure with regards to how they treated different societies. They were pretty fucking vicious, but so are all societies. Hell, look at some areas in Central and South America, southeast Asia, the Middle East, Eastern Europe, Central Africa; life is pretty fucking cheap. Dead bodies everywhere, filling pits, littering fields; all of these people are someone's child or some child's parent, they all have that in common but for whatever fucked up reason, they've dehumanized others or been dehumanized themselves based on some ridiculous political disagreement or disagreement on how to properly worship some god who doesn't care about them anyway. So, here in America, we've become rather civil comparatively. Earlier in this thread, I asked someone what they thought were the biggest problems facing society. The way I see it, it's "how the fuck do we deal with our young men".

By Oatmeal Boy on Saturday, May 23, 1998 - 02:16 pm:
    White Male, 22, Middle Class.

Our society is fucked because of people like you!!!

By 24 YO Australian male on Saturday, May 23, 1998 - 05:34 pm:
    Once again you Yanks have unwittingly proven our hypothesis relating to your in-bred culture. Find it amazing how you appear to lose your heads immediately you are confronted with an issue. There is a difference between been passionate about a subject and responding irrationally. As for Oatmeal Girl, my mother, as I'm sure yours did, told me "If you've nothing constructive to say...don't". You'd do well to heed this advice.
    Adieu American gun-toting freaks.

By Gangsta182 on Saturday, May 23, 1998 - 05:37 pm:
    Somebody kill this guy...just blow his FUCKIN HEAD OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By W.B.F. on Saturday, May 23, 1998 - 07:17 pm:
    <yawn>OK, whatever, schizo. Are you finished arguing with yourself?

By Blindswine on Saturday, May 23, 1998 - 08:20 pm:
    yeah, that's some pretty bizarre shit Aussie a.k.a. Gangsta has going on in his head...

and by the way, i think the reference you're looking for in your alter-ego's name is "187", not "182".

By PetRock on Saturday, May 23, 1998 - 08:57 pm:
    Are you saying that Aussie and Gangsta are one and the same? That would just be too good to be true.....(I can't check on it with this setup I have here)

and Dave, actually I was trying to be facetious....don't think I don't realize how we screwed over any number of people. My point to Aussie should have been "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".

Actually I find Australians (with one glaring exception) to be warm-hearted and extraordinarily nice people.....

By Oatmeal Boy on Saturday, May 23, 1998 - 11:16 pm:
    White Male, 22, Middle Class,

Hey you australian jerkoff.... All my mother told me was not to take any shit from little shit for brains like you. If it makes you feel any better, your mother told me that shit about "If you've got nothing constructive to say...don't" when I fucked her brains out last summer you stupid chicken fuck face..... Gansta, can you shoot his "Cracker" white ass for me. See folks, what we have here is a classic example of a poor excuse for a white boy or better put a "CRACKER" : o )

By Blindswine on Sunday, May 24, 1998 - 06:09 pm:
    gee, oats...

i thought *you* were that example...

by the way,

nice website.

By Chordata on Sunday, May 24, 1998 - 06:51 pm:
    I'm so happy you're back, Blindswine. :)

By Johan Lrelius on Thursday, June 11, 1998 - 05:45 pm:
    I'm a swedish student, and I've just read an articlt about this page in the newspaper... congrtulations 'bout that... But right now I'm pissed off, in so many diffrent ways I havent got the time to... well, ...

By STEFAN on Sunday, July 19, 1998 - 12:52 pm:
    WELL..... WELL WELL

i think everybody should stop testing things
    on animales they are not ours and we donīt have the right to do this painful expirment on them.

IF they could speak our languish iīd think that
    they would say No..... DON`T do that it hurts
    ahhh...

and you think that it is necesary to do this
    test.........?

WE have to stop this togheter

by any means nececeary by tomorrow...NOW

ONE GENARATION WILL BREAK THE CHAINS

By Me on Friday, October 9, 1998 - 02:58 am:

My message
    DUH

By Me on Friday, October 9, 1998 - 03:08 am:

People should like come here and say stuff.

By R.C. on Friday, October 9, 1998 - 03:44 am:

Hey Mark -- you're even famous in Sweden! Cool! Thanks for the shoutout, Johan.

And Stefan/call me a species chauvanist/but I'd gladly kill every lab rat & monkey on the plant testing new drugs & surgeries if it will save the life of one child. It may not be fair or morally correct/but being at the top of the food chain does have it's advantages. But I do agree that practices like spraying shampoo & hair dye into rabbit's eyes need to be stopped. We're past that point now/with the advent or artifical skin & whatnot.

I always find it odd that when gung-ho animal right's activists & vegans (like Linda McArtney - sp?) get sick/they never seem to refuse any of the medical treatments that might save or prolong their lives/even when those treatments were developed thru animal research. And for someone as health-conscious as she was to actually die of breast cancer -- which has such a high 'cure rate' -- was just too ironic.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact