Pee Test? Uh....

sorabji.com: Are you stoned?: Pee Test? Uh....
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By You know me... on Friday, April 24, 1998 - 02:45 am:
    Well, I got a little surprise today. Apparently I am required to take a PEE TEST before starting my new job. The last time I smoked grass was 4/16 (my b-day), and maybe a couple times during the prior month. I went out and got some goldenseal right away, and am planning on taking at least 3000 mg a day with a gallon of water. I'm peeing about once every 20 minutes. The pee test is scheduled for May 1st. I'm hoping that this isn't going to be a problem. Does anyone know about something that'll scrub the THC out of my pee?

By Blindswine on Friday, April 24, 1998 - 11:26 am:
    taking goldenseal root is a huge mistake.
    first of all, it is totally ineffective. the tests used nowadays look for different chemical criteria then the tests used when goldenseal could do you some good. furthermore, since there are few other reasons to take goldenseal other then to obtain false-negatives on drug tests, many companies actually test urine for goldenseal *as well* as contriband... the mere presence of goldenseal in your urine will make you suspect, and could affect your eligibility.

so what do you do?

drink the water.

but drinking it everyday will do you no good; drink as much water as possible *the morning* of your test.

and be sure to try to piss as much as possible *before* your test...

using your first urination of the day for the sample should be avoided at all costs...

good luck.

By Blindswine on Friday, April 24, 1998 - 11:45 am:
    by the way...

go here: http://www.csun.edu/~hbcsc096/dt/dtfaq.txt

By PPboy on Friday, April 24, 1998 - 01:07 pm:
    Thanks for the headsup Blindswine. I was hoping to find a document like this. I exercise very regularly, and have a healthy metabolism, so I'm thinking that I should be OK. Sounds like I need to go work my ass off in the gym to clear out. I'll let you know how it goes.

By Dr. dean edell on Saturday, April 25, 1998 - 02:50 am:
    If you're not a heavy smoker then the three weeks between the 14th of 04 and the 1st of 05 should clear your system anyway.

By Dr. dean edell on Saturday, April 25, 1998 - 02:50 am:
    If you're not a heavy smoker then the three weeks between the 14th of 04 and the 1st of 05 should clear your system anyway.

By Georgre on Saturday, April 25, 1998 - 09:31 am:
    Smoke and FUCK BIG BROTHER if you cant be yourself then who are YOU!

By PetRock on Saturday, April 25, 1998 - 12:47 pm:
    Sounds like you may have a problem there...

I get a blood test every month or so, but they do drug screenings there as well. Last month there was someone ahead of me who was getting a retake on a drug screen because he failed his first test.

I mentioned to him that I had heard that poppy seeds can cause a false positive (it probably is not true but I was just repeating it...). Well he latched onto that little 'fact' like it was a life preserver...saying how he had "just had a poppy seed bagel only 10 minutes ago". Yeah, right.

He kept going on and on about poppy seeds, which he didn't think to even mention until I brought it up. Right then, I knew that he was going to fail this test, and it wasn't because of any goddamned poppyseed bagel he just ate.

After he pees into his cup (I could hear everything that was going on in that office..."Oops! I flushed the toliet. Force of habit.") he comes out and says to me, half jokingly, "Congratulate me. I just failed."

Sorry pal, I thought, you're going down.

Well, I wish you better luck on your test. I can't offer any advice on what works best to get that shit out of your system....water would be my guess. My friend works for the gov't (the FBI) and he won't touch the stuff. He told me it stays in your body for a month or so.....

I haven't smoked any since college....

You might want to find out if random drug tests will be a job requirement, and if so, cut out the smoking while you've got this job. You don't want to risk having your name come up again....

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact