Does hydrocodone count?

sorabji.com: Are you stoned?: Does hydrocodone count?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By CJ on Sunday, August 2, 1998 - 11:29 am:
    Mello Baby

By Antigone on Monday, August 3, 1998 - 12:17 pm:
    Well, if you can still spell hydrocodone, then...no.

By Slacker on Sunday, August 30, 1998 - 03:38 am:

very much so

By Me.......... on Thursday, October 29, 1998 - 02:31 pm:

love it !! me.....

By Me... on Thursday, October 29, 1998 - 02:33 pm:

love it !!
    i am a slave.........

By Sheila on Thursday, October 29, 1998 - 03:34 pm:

I call them the Pathetic Vicodin Hounds because their original owner/person died of an hydrocodone overdose. His sister, whom I have never met, called me in the middle of the night he died and asked me to please take the dogs. I had never met him either, so there was no way for them to know I spent some time in rehab years ago because of Vicodin, all they knew was that I rescue animals.

My Vicodin was prescribed for pain resulting from the exploded pancreas caused by VODKA. Usually people get it from the dentist, or when they break something. It is truly wonderful. The forthcoming slavery is not a joke, however. Please be careful.

By Me........ on Monday, November 2, 1998 - 02:02 pm:

yeah, i know its not a joke-I just have to decide if the feeling of euphoria is worth allthe trouble it causes,later. yes,it is wonderful--As i said-I Love it!! Been off it for about a year, now, and i still want it-sometimes so bad it hurts.I used to take 30+ tabs a day & was sent to prison for fraud(prescriptions)-It ends up causing more pain than euphoria-its just hard to remember that-or care-sometimes. Why can't it just be very legal and harmless.....Owwwwwww....

By Me............ on Tuesday, November 3, 1998 - 10:22 am:

someone say something,dammit!!!

By One of my other personalities on Tuesday, November 3, 1998 - 10:25 am:

you're all under arrest for suspicion of salivating over narcotics!!!!!!!!!!!

By Ok on Tuesday, November 3, 1998 - 01:34 pm:

does anyone really read this stuff??Answer 'me', if you do.

By Mel on Tuesday, November 3, 1998 - 03:42 pm:

I do, sometimes. But I'm no one.

By Sheila on Tuesday, November 3, 1998 - 09:42 pm:

people read this stuff. especially if it strikes a chord. is there something you want to know?

By Agatha on Wednesday, November 4, 1998 - 02:06 am:

yknow, sheila, i have been wondering why you called them the pathetic vicodin hounds for months now. thanks for clarifying.

By Me on Wednesday, November 4, 1998 - 12:15 pm:

does anyone else want that shit so bad it hurts,but can't do it cause of ua drops?What to do?

By Another pathetic vicodin hound on Wednesday, November 4, 1998 - 12:25 pm:

yeah, damn, sheila, its been driving me crazy,trying to figure out why you call them the 'pathetic vicodin hounds'. Thanks so much and have a good day............................

By Me.............................. on Wednesday, November 4, 1998 - 01:32 pm:

vicodin dependencey is pathetic, but the euphoria produced by it keeps you from being aware of just how pathetic it is.. Oh, to see the truth thru vicodin-colored eyeballs........white slavery is what it is about........for me,anyway-if i were pink then it would be pink slavery. i dont want to be an inactive addict-i dont want to be an addict at all......it hurts to want my favorite drug of choice so much. i'm not in love with a human because i'm in love with a pill-we broke up quite a few months ago, but i think of it still.
    help me, doctor..........................

By ME.......... on Wednesday, November 4, 1998 - 01:37 pm:

TALK TO ME,DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!

By ME on Wednesday, November 4, 1998 - 01:38 pm:

NONONONON

By Sheila on Wednesday, November 4, 1998 - 03:51 pm:

Breaking up is hard to do.

Really want help?

By Me...................... on Wednesday, November 4, 1998 - 04:48 pm:

i've got all the help in the world-12-step groups, higher powers, i'm a supervisor at a detox center- i know all about getting off dope, staying off-but what about inside of me-i distract myself, but its still there, Just asleep for a while-& its not a very sound sleeper.
    Thank you for answering me, by the way, sheila!

By A stranger in a strange computer on Wednesday, November 4, 1998 - 05:52 pm:

hello....

By Sarah on Wednesday, November 4, 1998 - 06:17 pm:

the mysterious "they" gave me a vicodin prescription when i tore my knee all apart. another refill after surgery.

vicodin makes you feel like a butterfly. good stuff. luckily i never got hooked, but it did take me to that special place many times, when the pain came from my heart and not my knee.

By R.C. on Wednesday, November 4, 1998 - 09:09 pm:

Geez, Sheila -- who's yr dentist? I spent $6000 on periodontal surgery last spring/& my fuckin' anal-retentive oral surgeon wdn't give me anything stronger than lame-ass Propacet. For 6 grand/I shd have been mainlining pharmaceutical coke/if that's what the hell I wanted!

Can't believe I missed out on Vicodin during my roaring twenties. But then/I'm allergic to codeine
    /so I dunno if I cd take Vicodin w/out having a fatal reaction.

I always long for drugs around this time of year...

By MoonUnit on Wednesday, November 4, 1998 - 09:26 pm:

I'm sorry but this kiwi chick does not know what you are all taking about??? Vicodin? Propacet??

I had a conversation with a pal on icq about drugs and he was was laughing about our drugs for relieving headaches (Panadol, Alka-Seltzer, Disprin & Asprin), he thought we were miles behind the rest of the world....

By NZAngel on Wednesday, November 4, 1998 - 10:45 pm:

ditto Moonunit.

Got me confused. But from the context I would gues vicodin has codiene as a major ingredient.

My favourite headache remedy is neurofen.

By R.C. on Thursday, November 5, 1998 - 12:22 am:

My favorite headache remedy is calling in sick.

Is neurofen for migraines? Or does it have, um, other applications?

By Ridin on Thursday, November 5, 1998 - 10:02 am:

They gave me Vicodin after my foot surgery a few years ago.

ohmygod.

It was horrible....thought I was going to die. Sicker than a dawg. I get the hee-bee-gee-bee's just thinkin' about it. It was worse than the post-op pain.

On the other hand.....the stuff they gave me pre-op, just before they rolled me in to surgery was ...W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L. I have no idea what it was, but it was ooooooooh so very gud. 'Cuuuuuse me while I kiss the sky.

By Me....................... on Thursday, November 5, 1998 - 10:39 am:

Good morning..........Butterfly-that's good!!Good description..................lovely, peaceful,and just REAL DAMN HAPPY. I just sit and smile. Now,today,i don't do it anymore-but will always remember fondly (yeah, like obsessing about it most of the time!!! Watcha all doin out there????talk to me,guys!

By Me.......................... on Thursday, November 5, 1998 - 10:44 am:

oh, by the way - ther is not codeine in Vicodin (or Lortab if you prefer). it contains hydrocodone, which is a synthetic codeine. some people W/codeine allergies can take hydrocodone w/o trouble.........me, for instance. don't knock it til you try it!! i used to hate the stuff-now listen to me!!!!!

By Meagain.... on Thursday, November 5, 1998 - 12:05 pm:

oh, by the way - there is not codeine in Vicodin (or Lortab if you prefer). it contains hydrocodone, which is a synthetic codeine. some people W/codeine allergies can take hydrocodone w/o trouble.........me, for instance. don't knock it til you try it!! i used to hate the stuff-now listen to me!!!!!

By Trying to help on Thursday, November 5, 1998 - 12:15 pm:

I found out that vicodin contains a large amount of
    tylenol (acetaminophen) and tylenol has been found
    to cause heavy liver damage. Why hospitals have
    'sold out' and use tylenol INsteaD of the willow bark derivative
    called aspirin i just can't figure out. ($$?)
    It's not the narcotic but the 'filler' used that causes the liver
    damage. I know someone whose husband died in hospital from
    the tylenol pellets which totalled his liver.
    (read the warning on the over the counter tylenol box insert)

By Me................ on Thursday, November 5, 1998 - 01:25 pm:

thank you!!

By NZAngel on Thursday, November 5, 1998 - 03:19 pm:

I stand corrected re the codiene.

Neurofen is good for period pain and headaches. I have a scoliosis, so I get headaches on a regular basis, due to my spine being out of line and causing extra tension in my back and neck. Neurofen is the only thing I've found that not only relieves the pain, but also doesn't need to be taken in multiple doses as it wears off.

The active ingredient in neurofen is ibuprofen, which can cause damage to the stomach in large doses.

By Me.................. on Thursday, November 5, 1998 - 04:09 pm:

never heard of neurofen...what else is in it besides ibuprofen? maybe it would help all my millions of headaches!!!!! maybe i should ask the Dr. for some, since i don't write my own scrips anymore....................

By NZAngel on Thursday, November 5, 1998 - 04:27 pm:

I don't think there is anything much else in neurofen. You may be able to get the generic version, called brufen. They are little pink pills that look like smarties.

By Mel on Thursday, November 5, 1998 - 05:15 pm:

I've been many wonderful drugs since the time I was in a car wreck 6 years ago. I came out of it without a huge amount of damage (and my life - the driver was killed) but I have had a problem with chronic pain ever since. Drugs are sweet in their way, but I don't like taking them for long periods of time.

When I was in rehab, I started fantasizing a lot. Sex fantasies, of course. I had always done that, like everyone else, but these were more intense. I started doing it after reading a Hemingway story called "Now I Lay Me", about a soldier who is afraid to sleep and spends all night fishing imaginary rivers, among other things. I found, there in a dark hospital room staring at acoustic tile ceiling, that sex fantasies were the most diverting. There were a lot of hunky male therapists there, so I was never at a loss for material. I was also on a medicine called dilantin, which made it easier to lose myself.

Years later I'm off dilantin and everything, but I still love my fantasies. When I start to hurt, I can lay down in bed and lose myself. Lately I've been imagining myself as a man. I think it has something to do with reading the Mark Thomas story "Boner". I like imagining having a dick, like a long extention of a clit. I like to imagine the weight of it, the way it sways back and forth like a mast, the millions of sperm cells screaming to get out. I like to imagine making love to women, entering them, seducing them. At first it was men, but now it's women.

I try to imagine me as a man making love to myself, but it's difficult. I don't think much of my body, personally. I'll try though, it might be nice.

My uncle died of liver damage brought on, in part, by aceto-whatever. He was a heavy drinker, and his magic hang-over cure was to drink a glass of water and take two tylenols every night. He did this every single night for years. He ignored all the doctors' warnings and one day he just keeled over.

By Me...... on Monday, November 9, 1998 - 01:27 pm:

woww-that's really interesting. tell me more........

By Mel on Monday, November 9, 1998 - 01:48 pm:

OK. My uncle's funeral was really sad, but really beautiful too. At least the church was beautiful. The eulogy the pastor gave made me think, though. It was well done, as far as I know about these things, but was really nothing more than insincere compliments and "best of" highlights of a life that it seems to me was full of a sadness and regret for not living it fully. Toward the end, when I talked to him, he would let drop a few regrets - things I never knew about him. There was an entire side of him, a part of his soul, that died anonymously.

Or is that what you wanted to know about?

By Me................... on Monday, November 9, 1998 - 02:00 pm:

i know exactly what you are talking about. i didn't really care what you told me about. i'm cooped up in this office & my only fun is when i sneak my computer over to sorabji. go ahead and talk, my friends, i will listen ( or should i say read)?

By Mel on Monday, November 9, 1998 - 05:29 pm:

Ah, those workaday blues. Bless your heart, my poor sweet personal pronoun. I wish I could talk right now, but I can't.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact